Windows 10 insider build 14959 is now available to fast ring insiders. Previously, the company released Windows 10 mobile build 10.0.14955 for insiders. Check out what’s fixed in this build.
Fixes in Insider PC Build 14959
- fixed an issue for Insiders resulting in the automatic brightness setting unexpectedly being turned off after upgrading. In doing so, we’ve re-enabled automatic brightness adjust for users that have never changed their auto-brightness setting. If you have already manually configured your auto-brightness setting, then this fix will not affect you. If you would like to enable or disable automatic brightness adjustment, please go to Settings > System > Display, where you can adjust your preferences.
- fixed an issue Insiders on domain connected PCs may have experienced where login might fail when the computer was disconnected from its domain network.
- fixed an issue resulting in certain apps, such as Outlook Mail and Calendar, failing to update for some Insiders with the error code 0x800700B7.
- fixed an issue for Insiders with certain device models where ejecting an SD card might result in a system crash.
- fixed an issue where disliking one of the Spotlight lock screen images would show the new image immediately, followed by a transition animation from the previous image to the new image.
- fixed an issue where launching an app from another app while in Tablet mode no longer launched it side by side, and instead launched it fullscreen (for example, when launching a web link from the MSN News app).
Fixed for Windows 10 Mobile Build 10.0.1459.1000
- The data usage page in Settings via Settings > Network & wireless > Data usage has been updated with performance and UI improvements.
- fixed issues preventing Insiders from adding cards to Wallet and paying using tap to pay.
- fixed an issue resulting in being unexpectedly able to close Start in the task switcher.
- fixed an issue resulting in certain options for default calling app via Settings > System > Phone > Default apps from being unexpectedly missing.
- fixed an issue causing apps that play media in the background, such as Groove Music, to stop when Battery Saver turns on.
- fixed an issue Insiders may have experienced where the phone would get into a state where copy/paste wouldn’t work until the device had been restarted.
- fixed an issue where Settings might hang after unchecking “Let apps automatically use this VPN connection” in VPN Settings.