WhatsApp 2.17.266 for Android is now available for download. The latest beta update comes with minor changes and improvements. The update has added a new description to the groups. A description is a tagline of the group and only administrators can modify it.
In addition, it’s now possible to report spam for contacts and group. Previously, it was possible to report spam new unknown contacts and for groups where you were added from unknown contacts. Check out the changelog including previous beta releases.
New in WhatsApp 2.17.266 for Android:
- Added a new description feature to the groups.
- Anyone invited to a group through an invite link will be able to see the description of the group (AVAILABLE IN FUTURE UPDATE).
- Added a new font for text statuses.
- When you write a text status, you can also fonts use for the drawing tool.
- Added emojis search.
- You can now send documents of any type. To send a document, open a chat, tap attach — document.
- Quickly find the right emoji with emoji search. Tap the emoji icon in a chat and tap the search icon in the bottom left.
- From the in-app camera, you can now swipe up to see all of your photos and videos.
- It’ll be possible to quickly switch from voice to video call only if the other user has an updated version of WhatsApp (AVAILABLE IN FUTURE).
- When typing text in a chat, you can tap and hold to select the text to easily bold, strikethrough, or italicize it.
- Various design improvements for voice and video calls.
- The recall option is now visible
- Performance enhancements.
- Minor bug fixes and improvements.
- Other enhancements.
You can download the latest the beta app update from the link below.