Microsoft delivers yet another Windows 10 PC build 15048 and mobile build 10.0.15047.0 to Insiders. The latest Creators Update Insider build released to Fast Ring Insider members.
Fixes for Windows 10 build 15048
- Fixed the issue where some UWP apps may unexpectedly appear with their app package name in the title bar as opposed to the app name.
- [GAMING] Fixed the issue where some popular games might minimize to the taskbar when launched.
- Fixed an issue where copy and pasting URLs to and from the Microsoft Edge address bar with spaces wouldn’t convert spaces into %20.
- Fixed an issue resulting in the LastPass extension for Microsoft Edge sometimes unexpectedly failing to show its autofill buttons on recent builds.
- Windows 10 build 15048 also fixed a recent issue resulting in unexpected characters sometimes being pasted when pasting into certain websites using Microsoft Edge.
- Fixed an issue where using the mouse wheel to scrolling in Microsoft Edge might not work if the window was made smaller or moved to a different monitor.
- We adjusted Microsoft Edge’s “Find on page” logic so that now as you go through the results the webpage should scroll so the found text is more central on the page.
- Windows 10 build 15048 fixed an issue for those flighting recent builds on laptops, changing brightness would stop working after the first time the laptop lid had been closed and reopened when the “Lid Close Action” power policy was set to “Do nothing”.
- Fixed an issue that could result in not being able to type into search boxes in certain UWP apps.
- Fixed an issue resulting in clicked Cortana search results not opening when typing using the MS Pinyin IME.
- Fixed an issue where cross-device notifications from a particular phone might unexpectedly appear in two separate groups in the Action Center.
- Fixed an issue resulting in emails from Outlook 2016 not opening in the foreground after tapping on the corresponding notification.
Known issues Windows 10 Insider build 15048
- Some PCs will fail to update to this build at 71% and roll-back to the previous build. See this post for details.
- If you have Symantec/Norton anti-virus software installed on your PC, you may get an 0x80070228 error when attempting to download Windows 10 build 15048.
- [GAMING] Certain hardware configurations may cause the broadcast live review window in the Game bar to flash Green while you are Broadcasting. This does not affect the quality of your broadcast and is only visible to the Broadcaster.
- with Windows 10 build 15048 few issues may occur when exploring pages using the F12 Developer Tools in Microsoft Edge with cross-origin iframes (e.g. the DOM explorer shows only the iframe DOM, the Console frame selector doesn’t list the iframes, etc.).
- Pressing F12 to open the Developer Tools in Microsoft Edge while F12 is open and focused may not return focus to the tab F12 is opened against, and vice-versa.
- Sometimes launching F12 will launch the F12 window behind the active Microsoft Edge window.
- Insiders with multiple monitors may encounter an issue where one of the monitors stops rendering (with the exception of the mouse). While rebooting will fix it, you can also resolve the issue via Settings > System > Display under the Multiple displays section, set it to only use the monitor that’s functional, then set it back to “Extend these displays” and the issue should be resolved.
Fixed in Windows 10 Mobile Build 10.0.15047.0
- Adding a new card / paying with an existing card works again Microsoft Wallet.
- Fixed an issue resulting in the play/pause buttons when watching videos in Microsoft Edge taking two taps to work immediately after opening the video full screen.
- Fixed an issue where the Data Usage page in Settings might be unexpectedly missing info about cellular data usage.
- Fixed an issue resulting in certain characters on the Polish keyboard not working in Continuum when typing in the Microsoft Edge address bar.
- Cortana’s background is now black rather than the previous dark grey.
- Fixed an issue where after some time the -word option might stop appear in the candidate pane for words added to the typing dictionary.
- Fixed an issue resulting in task switcher being unexpectedly slower to launch in recent flights.
- Fixed an issue resulting in a flicker on certain devices, such as the Lumia 950, when interacting with the Maps app after rotating the phone into landscape mode.
- Fixed an issue where dragging the position indicator in the video progress slider in Microsoft Edge would back to 0 upon release.
- Fixed an issue resulting in notifications from SIM 2 on dual SIM phones not appearing in the Action Center.
Known issues with Windows 10 Mobile Build 15047
- Speech packs may be unable to download on this build.
If you are looking for Official Windows 10 build 15048 ISO, you will need to wait further as images are currently not available. We will post more details about the Windows 10 Build 15048 ISO. However, official Windows 10 build 15042 ISO images are now available for download. You can download ISO from here.
If your Windows 10 build 15048 download hangs, stuck at 95% and other issues, check here for workarounds we have posted for previous builds.