Update: Windows 10 build 16288 is now rolling out for Fast Ring Insiders.
Whats New in Windows 10 build 16288
Windows Shell Improvements
- Addressed an issue resulting in the Facebook Messenger app failing to accept the enter key when sending messaging in recent flights.
- Addressed an issue where the “New” text displayed under the names of newly installed apps in Start wouldn’t go away after launching the app.
- Addressed an issue where using the letters in Start to jump to different locations in the alphabet wasn’t consistently working in the last few flights.
- Addressed an issue where local app search in Cortana failed to return the expected app if the user profile directory contained non-ASCII characters.
- Addressed an issue where pressing WIN + X would sometimes not show the accelerator key underlines.
- Windows 10 build 16288 has fixed an issue where when the People button was present in taskbar, and toast-only banners (for example from Outlook 2016) were sent, the Action Center badge counter would become inaccurate.
- Addressed a bug from recent flights where upon unlock you’d be bombarded with any notifications that occurred while your PC was locked. If you’d like to review notifications received while your PC was locked, they can be found in the Action Center
- Addressed an issue where pressing delete when using the full touch keyboard layout in UWP apps would input a period rather than deleting a character.
- Addressed an issue where the Pinyin IME’s emoji picker wouldn’t load in recent flights.
- Addressed a tablet mode issue where launching the touch keyboard in UWP apps might sometimes take multiple taps on the edit field before the keyboard would come up.
- Addressed an issue where when using the Chinese (Simplified) handwriting panel InputPersonalization.exe could get into a state where it would unexpectedly have a continually high CPU usage.
- Addressed an issue with the handwriting panel where the “&123” and Emoji button didn’t work when the device was in portrait orientation.
- Windows 10 build 16288 fixed an issue resulting in not being able to turn on the Japanese IME after the focus was moved from a UWP (like Sticky Notes) to another app and back.
- Addressed an issue resulting in a stutter when selecting long strings in certain single line editable text boxes (for example when naming favorites in Microsoft Edge).
- Addressed an issue resulting in not being able to type text via the touch keyboard into Internet Explorer when using the Japanese, Chinese, or Korean keyboards.
- Addressed an issue where the Dayi and Array IMEs couldn’t input Chinese characters in certain apps in recent flights when using the touch keyboard.
Microsoft Edge Improvements
- Addressed an issue where the tab preview for PDFs was just black with two white stripes.
- Addressed an issue where the first time you used Ctrl + F in a tab the search box wouldn’t get focus. We also fixed an issue where after clicking the Find on Page text box you might not be able to type in the address bar.
- Addressed an issue where sometimes the Hub would appear to open twice when you clicked the icon.
- Windows 10 build 16288 fixed an issue where typing a web address into the address bar from the New Tab and Start Page and would sometimes clear the text and not result in any page navigation.
- Addressed an issue where Ctrl + Click on a link in a PDF wouldn’t open the link in a new tab.
- Addressed an issue where “Open with previous pages” wouldn’t recover tabs if the tabs had been dragged between frames prior to closing Microsoft Edge.
- Addressed an issue which could result in uploads failing on some sites, such as Behance.net.
- Addressed an issue where website tooltips could end up displaying behind the Microsoft Edge window after opening a link in new tab in the background.
- Addressed an issue resulting copy/paste and the print dialog not working for those using the updated Youtube.com website design.
- We’ve updated editable fields in PDFs to now have a subtle color to help indicate that they’re editable.
- Windows 10 build 16288 fixed an issue resulting in PDFs potentially rendering blank after panning down a few pages and back up.
- Windows 10 build 16288 fixed an issue from recent flights where Alt + D wouldn’t bring input focus to the address bar when certain keyboards were active.
- Addressed an issue resulting in Ghost Recon: Wildlands not starting in recent flights since the Easy anti-cheat component wouldn’t load.
- Addressed an issue resulting in Mod Organizer no longer load mods into Skyrim in recent flights.
- Windows 10 build 16288 fixed the issue where USBhub.sys was causing spontaneous reboots due to bugchecks (GSOD).
- Addressed an issue where your PC might not go to sleep automatically after remoting into it and signing out of the remote session.
Other fixes and improvements
- Addressed an issue where Settings could crash if a Bluetooth device was turned off while the Bluetooth settings page was open.
- Addressed an issue from recent flights resulting in some Insiders experiencing an issue where Store apps would begin to fail to activate after being launched a few times.
- Windows 10 build 16288 fixed an issue where if the lock screen slideshow was set to a OneDrive folder containing offline-only images, these pictures would all be downloaded to the PC while the PC was locked (going through each picture). These pictures will now be skipped.
- If you’ve encountered an issue where Spotlight appears stuck on a particular image, we’ve added logic such that it should now reset after at most 7 days.
Windows 10 build 16288 ISO images will be available on our website later. Get back for Windows 10 build 16288 ISO download links.
Original Story: Windows 10 build 16288 for PCs is now under testing internally. The new Fall Creators Update build 16288.1 (rs3_release.170909-0851) was compiled on September 9, 2017. In addition, Windows 10 Redstone 4 build 16362.1000 (rs_prerelease.170908-1451) was compiled on September 8, 2017.
Last week, Microsoft released Windows 10 build 16281 with multiple fixes including a fix for an issue where the Windows Defender Security Center app icon was missing in taskbar when the app was open, as well in Start’s all apps list.
Windows 10 Redstone 4 update build 16353 is also available with minor improvements.
You can download the ISO images files for the Windows 10 build 16281 and Redstone 4 build 16353 from the links below.