Windows 10 Build 17110 (Redstone 4) is now available for download. The new build comes with improvements for Enterprise Customers as well as bug fixes and improvements. An issue where tearing a PDF tab in Microsoft Edge would result in a bugcheck (GSOD) is now fixed. However, there are some known issues with this build like selecting a notification after taking a screenshot or game clip opens the Xbox app’s home screen instead of opening the screenshot or game clip. In addition, Windows 10 Build 17110 ISO download links will be available later on our website. Check out more details below.
Update 2: Windows 10 Build 17110 ISO files are now available here.
New In Windows 10 Build 17110
Improvements for Enterprise Customers in RS4
Enterprises can now run custom actions during feature update: RS4 build adds a new feature that will enable your enterprise to run your own custom actions/scripts synchronously with setup.
Docker for Windows users, we are flighting the matching Windows container images of Server Core and Nano Server to the Docker Hub for continued testing and feedback. Thank you for all the great feedback and please keep it coming!
Fixes in Windows 10 build 17110
- We fixed an issue where buttons on Game bar were not centered correctly.
- We fixed an issue where a small number of PCs might have experienced one CPU under persistent high load or even a bugcheck (GSOD with error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION).
- We fixed an issue where tearing a PDF tab in Microsoft Edge would result in a bugcheck (GSOD).
- We’ve updated Start so that it now follows the new Ease of Access setting to enable or disable hiding scrollbars.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some app icons appearing distorted in Task View.
- We fixed an issue where making a pinch gesture over the open apps in Task View might result in no longer being able to scroll down to Timeline.
- We fixed an issue where pressing and holding on a card in Timeline would open the corresponding app, rather than bringing up a context menu.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the title bar overlapping content when you opened your lists in Cortana’s notebook.
- We’ve updated the new notification to fix blurry apps so that it now will persist in the Action Center to be accessed later once the toast has timed out and dismissed.
- We fixed an issue where it wasn’t possible to open a new inPrivate window of Microsoft Edge from the taskbar jumplist while in Tablet Mode.
- We fixed an issue where dragging a Microsoft Edge tab out of the window and releasing hold of it somewhere over the desktop might periodically result in a stuck invisible window.
- We fixed an issue resulting in DirectAccess not working in recent builds, where the connection would be stuck with status “Connecting”.
- We fixed an issue where the touch keyboard number pad would show the period as a decimal separator for countries that use the comma as a decimal separator.
- We fixed an issue resulting in not being able to turn on and off third party IMEs using the touch keyboard.
- We fixed an issue resulting in numbers not being inserted when flicking up on the top row of letters in the wide touch keyboard layout.
- Selecting a notification after taking a screenshot or game clip opens the Xbox app’s home screen instead of opening the screenshot or game clip.
- Post-install at the first user-prompted reboot or shutdown, a small number of devices have experienced a scenario wherein the OS fails to load properly and may enter a reboot loop state. For affected PCs, turning off fast boot may bypass the issue. If not, it is necessary to create a bootable ISO on a USB drive, boot into recovery mode, and this this will allow bypass.
- When Movies & TV user denies access to its videos library (through the “Let Movies & TV access your videos library?” popup window or through Windows privacy settings), Movies & TV crashes when the user navigates to the “Personal” tab.
Check back later for Windows 10 17110 ISO download links.