Update: Windows 10 build 17127 is now available for download. The new build comes with Cortana improvements and much more. Check out more details below. Also, Windows 10 build 17127 ISO download links will be available later on our website.
New in Windows 10 build 17127
A new profile page! We’re introducing a new server-powered profile page in Cortana for you to add and edit your favorite places. The places you add are used to give you traffic updates for your daily commute, and let you easily set reminders when you arrive or leave your places. To get to this page, head to the Notebook section of Cortana and click the button to the right of your name. This is available for all Cortana markets*.
This will soon extend beyond places to cover your Interests, Family, Accounts and more. Stay tuned for updates!
Cortana’s new Notebook goes international with improved performance: We’ve received some great feedback about our updated Notebook design announced with Build 17063, and are happy to share that this new design is now available for all markets* and languages where Cortana is supported. In addition several performance improvements have been deployed that should make Notebook load faster. Note, some experiences may vary depending on the market you are in.
Learn to use a Skill in Notebook: Default Skills in Cortana’s Notebook (like Weather, Sports, and News) now come with a set of tips for questions you can ask Cortana to get you started – either click the suggestion, type it out yourself, or just talk to Cortana and she’ll pull up the information you requested.
Starting today, these changes will be rolling out to all Insiders in supported markets who are on RS4 and RS5 builds. We’d love to here your feedback – click here to open Feedback Hub and send us feedback on your experience with Cortana. In case you missed it, here’s a summary of some of the recent changes we’ve made based on what you’ve told us, including email search and more!
*Cortana markets: United States, United Kingdom, Germany, Australia, Canada, India, Spain, China, Mexico, France, Italy, Japan, Brazil
Windows Mixed Reality
With this build, the Windows Mixed Reality Team would like to let you know about a few fixes to some bugs as you try out the new Windows Mixed Reality features:
- We fixed the performance regression for Windows Mixed Reality on hybrid laptops.
- We fixed the issue where the inbox apps would fail to load inside of Windows Mixed Reality and newly placed Holograms may be empty.
To give feedback on Windows Mixed Reality, click here to open Feedback Hub.
Fixed in Windows 10 build 17127
- We fixed an issue where if you had your phone linked to your PC prior to upgrading, you’ll find it has become unlinked after upgrading.
- We fixed an issue that could result in Microsoft Edge crashing when turning off certain extensions.
- We fixed an issue where Narrator would crash when using scan mode to read dialogs in Microsoft Edge.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the page up and page down keys not working when using Microsoft Edge in Reading View.
- We fixed an issue resulting in focus being lost after using WIN+A to close the Action Center.
- We fixed an issue where if you switched your formatting to Japanese without having the Japanese language in your language list, newly installed apps wouldn’t appear in Start.
Known Issues in Windows 10 build 17127
- There are currently no known issues for this flight however if any issues are discovered based off Insider feedback, we’ll add them here.
Original Story: Windows 10 build 17127 is now going through internal testing. The new Windows 10 build 17127 (10.0.17127.1 rs4_prerelease.180318-0047) was compiled on March 18, 2018. We’re now getting closer and closer to the RTM build release which might roll out soon.
Windows 10 Spring Update preview build 17123 is now available for Insiders which has added a High-Efficiency Image File Format (HEIF) for Windows 10 and the Photos app.
This new feature leverages modern codecs like HEVC to improve quality, compression, and capabilities compared to earlier formats like JPEG, GIF, and PNG. In addition to traditional single images, HEIF supports encoding image sequences, image collections, auxiliary images like alpha or depth maps, live images & video, audio, and HDR for greater contrast.
Windows 10 build 17123 ISO images are also now available for download. You can download it from the link below. The final Windows 10 Spring Update will release in April for everyone.