Update: Windows 10 build 17634 is now available for Skip ahead Insider members. The latest build comes with new features and improvements. Check out more details below. Also, Windows 10 build 17634 ISO download links are now available here.
New in Windows 10 Redstone 5 Build 17634
Search is now available in Calendar
Now you can find past or future events by searching for the name, location, people included or words in the event body. Events that match your search will be clearly visible on your calendar, while those that don’t will be greyed-out so you can find what you need quickly. Search will work for Outlook, Hotmail, Live and Office 365 accounts. We do not yet support searching Exchange Server, Gmail, Yahoo or other IMAP calendars.
Cortana Show Me now supports voice queries
Cortana Show Me get updated – you can now launch the app through voice queries. Simply say to Cortana, “Show me how to change my background,” and you’ll get the previous help results, with a new “Let’s go” button below, which launches the guided help experience. Everything else is the same as last week – the app is available in English (US and Great Britain) and in German, and there are 15 settings guides.
Fixed in Windows 10 build 17634
- We fixed an issue where typing in the Microsoft Edge URL bar immediately after opening a new tab might result in the letters appearing in an unexpected order.
- We fixed an issue when opening .html or .pdf files from the local system (double-click, right-click > open), Microsoft Edge will not render the loaded content if Microsoft Edge wasn’t already running before opening the file.
- We fixed an issue where PDFs displayed using Microsoft Edge would shrink after refreshing the page when using a DPI scaling > 100%.
- We fixed an issue that could result in Microsoft Edge crashing when turning off certain extensions.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Task Manager not showing the application title in the process name for open Visual Studio projects.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the UAC dialog potentially not rendering correctly in the last few flights.
- We fixed an issue resulting in certain devices with BitLocker enabled unexpectedly booting into BitLocker recovery in recent flights.
- We fixed an issue where the Emoji Panel would close after typing an accent in certain languages.
- We fixed an issue resulting in focus being lost after using WIN+A to close the Action Center.
- If you open Settings and clicking on any links to the Microsoft Store or links in tips, Settings will crash. This includes the links to get themes and fonts from the Microsoft Store, as well as the link to Windows Defender.
- On resuming from sleep, the desktop may be momentarily visible before the Lock screen displays as expected.
- When Movies & TV user denies access to its videos library (through the “Let Movies & TV access your videos library?” popup window or through Windows privacy settings), Movies & TV crashes when the user navigates to the “Personal” tab.
Original Story: Microsoft is now testing Windows 10 build 17634 internally. The new Windows 10 Redstone 5 build 17634 (10.0.17634.1000 rs_prerelease.180323-1629) was compiled on March 23, 2018. Recently, build 17633 was also compiled.
Windows 10 Redstone 5 preview build 17627 is now available for Skip ahead Insiders. The new insider preview build addressed an issue where if you try to open a file that is available online-only from OneDrive that hasn’t been previously downloaded to your PC, your PC could bugcheck (GSOD).
In addition, when a process in Task Manager is suspended or has suspended child processes, you’ll now see an icon indicating as much in the Status column of the Processes tab.
The ISO files for Windows 10 build 17634 are now available for download. You can download it from the link below.