Microsoft is pushing out a new Windows 10 Insider preview build 15025 for PC. The latest Windows 10 Creators Update (Redstone 2) build 15025 is now available for fast ring insider members. Previously, the company released Windows 10 PC build 15019 and mobile 10.0.15014.1000 for insiders.
If you are facing issues with build 15025 like error 0xC1900401, build not yet available, download stuck at 0%, high CPU usage issue or other problems with the latest build, check out workaround here.
According to the Windows Insider team, they have discovered a bug that impacts their ability to release this build to PCs running 32-bit (x86) versions of Windows 10 Insider Preview builds. so the team is not releasing 32-bit PC build. However, Windows Insider team will release Windows 10 Insider preview build 15025 ISO by the end of the week and Insiders on 32-bit PCs will be able to update from the ISOs.
New in Windows 10 Insider Build 15025
Announcing braille support in Narrator: Windows 10 Insider preview build 15025 brings braille(beta) support for Narrator. However, Insider team also warn that there are coexistence issues with braille support and third party screen readers. According to the Windows Insider team, braille be enabled for Narrator only on PCs that do not also have a third-party screen reader configured to use a braille display.
New mono audio option in Ease of Access settings: Visually impaired users use a screen reader application to read the PC screen content and information to them, and frequently use headphones or earbuds to hear the computer when in meetings or having conversations with others. When doing so, they generally use only one earbud to hear the PC in one ear so the other ear is free to hear conversations and sounds around them. That can cause them to not hear sounds that may be directed to the other earbud. In order to change the sound to be mono mode and so all audio is directed to both ears, they used to need a physical earphone adapter. With Windows 10 Insider preview build 15025 you can now switch your audio to mono straight from the new Audio section under Settings > Ease of Access > Other options.
Introducing Collections in Feedback Hub: Windows 10 Insider preview build 15025 includes Collections. A Collection groups together feedback for similar problems and suggestions into single items that bring together all the voices who expressed that sentiment in one place. The new Collections are now live in Feedback Hub starting with app version 1.1612.10251.0.
More night light improvements: The night light color temperature range has been extended to go down to very red (1200 K) and the entire range of the slider now works correctly.
Fixed in Windows 10 Insider Build 15025
- [GAMING] Windows 10 Insider preview build 15025 fixed the issue where clicking on certain elements in desktop (Win32) games causes the game to minimize and cannot be restored.
- Windows Insiders should no longer have trouble connecting to certain Google sites due to an implementation of a new security model being rolled out to further enhance user security.
- Extensions in Microsoft Edge are back to working as expected.
- App developers can now request to pin their primary tile, just like secondary tiles, allowing apps to highlight their awesome live tiles – see this blog post for more info.
- Quicken 2017 should launch and working normally again.
- Windows Insiders will no longer see a “Mixed Reality” entry on the main page of Settings.
- Windows 10 Insider preview build 15025 fixed an issue Insiders may have experienced where the Network flyout would unexpectedly appear blank instead of listing available Wi-Fi networks.
- Windows 10 Insider preview build 15025 fixed an issue where the custom color picker in Color Settings might stop working when selecting new colors.
- fixed an issue where certain colors in the recent colors section of Colors Settings would unexpectedly not appear selected after being selected.
- fixed an issue where if you downloaded a theme from the Store, deleted it, then downloaded it again, it wouldn’t appear in Themes Settings.
- Windows 10 Insider preview build 15025 improved the performance when using point erase to ease ink in Sketchpad.
- Windows 10 Insider preview build 15025 updated the Windows Ink Workspace so it will now remember your most recently selected stencil (ruler or protractor) and keep that choice the next time you open Sketchpad.
- Fixed an issue where, after upgrading, some Insiders were left with certain tiles that couldn’t be unpinned from Start. Windows 10 Insider preview build 15025 also fixed an issue where pinning a tile might unexpectedly add it in the middle of an existing group of tiles.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders using PCs with certain older chipsets seeing colored boxes in the place of text and various other UI in UWPs apps.
- build 15025 fixed an issue where desktop shortcuts pointing at URLs weren’t working for some Insiders.
- build 15025 fixed an issue resulting in not being able to tab over to Other Users section on the login screen using only the keyboard.
- Fixed an issue resulting in Microsoft Edge sometimes freezing for a short after using CTRL+C to copy selected text in the address bar.
- Fixed an issue resulting in the shadows behind the set aside tabs in Microsoft Edge not being as dark as expected – the thumbnails should pop more now.
- Fixed an issue with notification toast priority from recent flights where an alarm or skype call toast would not interrupt a reminder toast.
- Windows 10 Insider preview build 15025 fixed an issue where some captive portal Wi-Fi networks might fail to connect during OOBE, and if a captive portal network was using DNS hijacking to redirect to a secure site, the captive portal app would crash and you wouldn’t be able to clear the portal.
- Fixed an issue where Yes/No voice commands in the Wi-Fi portion of OOBE weren’t working.
- fixed an issue resulting in the screen flashing and explorer crashing in a loop for some Insiders if they entered Safe Mode on recent builds.
- Windows 10 Insider preview build 15025 fixed an issue for devices with TPM chips on 15019 where the TPM was unexpectedly not able to start.
- Windows 10 Insider preview build 15025 fixed an issue where a window might appear to get “stuck” on the mouse when releasing it after dragging to resize it – requiring an extra click to let go.
- Fixed an issue resulting in poor quality scaling of taskbar and task view thumbnail previews. We also fixed an issue where periodically when you moved your mouse to hover over a taskbar thumbnail preview, it might unexpectedly immediately dismiss.
Known issues for Preview build 15025
- While Windows 10 Insider preview build 15025 fixed the primary bug causing this issue, some Windows Insiders may still hit nonstop exceptions in the Spectrum.exe service causing their PC to lose audio, disk I/O usage to become very high, and apps like Microsoft Edge to become unresponsive when doing certain actions such as opening Settings. As a workaround to get out of this state, STOP the Spectrum.exe service and delete C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Spectrum\PersistedSpatialAnchors and reboot. For more details, see this forum post.
- [GAMING] Game Mode is enabled system wide by default, however, the ON/OFF toggle in Settings will incorrectly show it as being OFF until the user manually toggles the Setting to ON which will cause it to update and accurately display the status of Game Mode system wide.
- [GAMING] With Windows 10 Insider preview build 15025 Certain hardware configurations may cause the broadcast live review window in the Game bar to flash Green while you are Broadcasting. This does not affect the quality of your broadcast and is only visible to the Broadcaster.
- Windows 10 Insider preview build 15025 Microsoft Edge F12 tools may intermittently crash, hang, and fail to accept inputs.
- Microsoft Edge’s “Inspect Element” and “View Source” options don’t correctly launch to the DOM Explorer and Debugger, respectively.
- Dragging apps from the all apps list to pin on Start’s tile grid won’t work. For now, please right-click on the desired app in order to pin it.
- In Windows 10 Insider preview build 15025, some Tencent apps and games may crash or work correctly on this build.
- Under Settings > Update & security > Windows Update you might see the text “Some Settings are managed by your organization” even though your PC isn’t being managed by an organization. This is a bug caused by an updated flight configuration setting for Insider Preview builds and does not mean your PC is being managed by anyone.
- On some PCs, audio stops working sporadically with ‘device in use’ error”. We are investigating. Restarting the audio service may fix things for a bit.
- Windows 10 Insider preview build 15025 Action Center may sometimes appear blank and transparent without color. If you encounter this, try moving the taskbar to a different location on screen.
- The Desktop App Converter Preview (Project Centennial) will fail to run on the Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15025. If you are a developer utilizing the converter tool to convert your desktop app to UWP, we suggest skipping Build 15025 or switching to the Slow ring until we can fix this issue.
- [GAMING] An issue due to a kernel change which may affect some games that use copy protection technologies.
Recently, the company also released a new cumulative update KB3213986 build 14393693 for PC and mobile build 10.0.14393.693 for Windows 10 Anniversary Update users and cumulative update KB3210721 build 10586.753 for Threshold 2 users.
Finally, Windows 10 build 15002 ISOs are now available for download. You can download ISO from here.