After releasing monthly cumulative update kb3163018 for Windows 10, today Microsoft insider team released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 for PC.
Dona sarkar(Windows insider team head) explains while announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 for PC, that team is now focused on finalizing Windows 10 Anniversary Update. That means insiders won’t get any significant new features in upcoming builds. The Focus will be on fixes and general performance improvements. Let’s see what we get in Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 for PC.
New in Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366
Office Online for Microsoft Edge: Now insider can try Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote and Sway Online without any need to install Office. The new Microsoft Edge Office Online extension is the quickest way to view, edit, create Office files. Quickly access and view of your recent files over OneDrive and OneDrive for Business.
Windows Store Update: A New Store update version 11606.1000.43.0 brings some performance improvements. The new update also fixed the crash and memory leak issues in store.
Improvements and fixes in PC Build 14366
- French Windows 10 Insiders now able to install new PC Preview build 14366. The team has fixed the issue with the French translation process that caused a lot of text to revert from French back to English.
- Navigating to the Privacy pages in Settings app will no longer crash the Settings app and prevent you from adjusting your privacy settings.
- Fixed an issue causing PC and Mobile devices trying to project to a PC (via the new PC Access feature) to fail.
- Fixed an issue where Start would not launch while an app is installing for certain languages, such as Chinese or Portuguese (Brazil).
- New updated the size of the Windows Ink Workspace icon in the notification area on the taskbar to be more consistent with the other notification area icons. In a similar drive to improve the consistency of our experience, we’ve updated the X to leave the Windows Ink
- Workspace which will now show a red state when you hover over it. Fixed an issue where mouse wheel scrolling wouldn’t work to spin the ruler with certain mice, and an issue where dismissing the share pane or accepting the prompt to enter tablet mode would result in exiting the Windows Ink Workspace.
- PC build 14366 updated Cortana search results, so now when you right-click on a .docx file, you’ll see a context menu option to open that file’s location.
- PC build 14366 also fixed an issue resulting in the monitors in under Settings > System > Display from sometimes jumping to a different ordering after being clicked and causing scaling changes. We also fixed an issue where the slider to change display scaling might jump to an unexpected scale factor as you were moving it.
- The team also fixed an issue resulting in not being able to unsnap a full-screen Remote Desktop window if you had been prompted credentials while connecting.
- Fixed an issue when the tile names could become cut off after using semantic zoom, and one where Start tiles could no longer be moved with touch.
- In an effort to improve visibility and access to your newly installed apps, we have moved the “Recently added” section of Start to be located above the “Most used” section in the All apps list. We’ve also increased the duration of time in which apps will be listed here – now 7 days, so you can easily try them out and decide if you want to pin them to Start or the taskbar for regular use and quick access.
- Fixed an issue where an active VPN connection could block the PC from going from idle into sleep.
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 also fixed an issue where the touch keyboard might appear on the Lock screen after pressing the Num-Lock key on the keyboard.
- PC build 14366 fixed an issue that could result in Microsoft Edge using a large amount of CPU when open to a page with many animated gifs, as well as an issue resulting in certain captchas not displaying correctly.
- From this build on your default location will now be preserved across build updates.
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 also fixed an issue resulting in nothing happening if you attempted to expand a Skype notification in Action Center. Fixed an issue where the scrollbar would draw with no margin from the chevron and X in Action Center notifications, and one where app logos might be missing from the Action Center.
- PC build 14366 fixed an issue resulting in the cursor not showing up when interacting with the system using a Wacom tablet.
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 fixed an issue where the Settings app could open to a blank page after selecting a settings page via search results.
- PC build 14366 fixed an issue where the File Explorer window might navigate back to Quick Access after deleting something from the current folder in view. PC build 14366 also fixed an issue where right-clicking on the desktop might result in showing a spinning curser for a long time before the context menu would show.
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 fixed an issue resulting in existing reminders failing to display in the Cortana UI, and an error when attempting to save a new reminder.
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 updated the Mobile Hotspot settings page to allow name, IP address, and mac address to be selectable so it can be copied elsewhere if needed.
- PC build 14366 fixed an issue where the battery flyout might not report the correct overall charging state for devices with two batteries.
- PC build 14366 fixed an issue where the title bars of apps using dark theme wouldn’t be dark when the window was not in focus, for example, Groove Music or Settings app.
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 fixed an issue resulting in you sometimes seeing a progress indicator before the background image would load on the Lock screen.
Known issues in Windows 10 Insider Build 10.0.14366
- There is an issue in Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366, where the Desktop App Converter Preview (Project Centennial) will fail to run. If you are a developer utilizing the converter tool to convert your desktop app to UWP, the insider team suggest skipping PC Build 14366 or switching to the Slow ring until we can fix this issue.
- If you click on a file download link outside of Microsoft Edge in PC build 14366, sometimes Edge will open a tab and close it without doing anything. The workaround is to go to the Download pane and start the download there by clicking “Save” or “Save As”.
The narrator does not launch when you toggle switch to “on” via Settings app > Ease of access > Narrator.