Microsoft has introduced a new Windows 10 Insider preview PC build 15014 and mobile build 10.0.15014.1000 for fast ring members. The latest build brings new features, improvements, and other fixes. Check out what’s new in this build.
The latest insider build comes with many new features. However, few Insider members may face issues like download stuck at 0%’ and other problems with this build. Read here for fixes for mobile build 10.0.15014. Previously, Windows Insider team had released build 15007 for both PC and Mobile (10.0.15007) insider members.
New in Windows 10 Mobile Build 10.0.15014.1000
E-book Store in Windows 10 Creators Update: Insiders with build 15014 in the U.S. can now purchase e-books from the Windows Store and read them in Microsoft Edge. After purchasing your e-books, you will find those in your new Books library hub entry in Microsoft Edge.
New Wi-Fi services option in Settings app: Windows insider team has combined few advanced Wi-Fi settings. New ‘Wi-Fi Services‘ under Settings > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi now includes both Wi-Fi Sense and Paid Wi-Fi Services. Also, “Connect to suggested open hotspots” is one of the settings under “Wi-Fi services”.
Fixed in Windows 10 Mobile Build 10.0.15014.1000
- Windows 10 mobile build 10.0.15014.1000 has removed Apps Corner Due to decreased usage.
- Windows 10 mobile build 10.0.15014.1000 also fixed the issue causing some devices on Build 15007 to reboot.
- The Windows Hello greeting being missing from the lock screen is now fixed with Windows 10 mobile build 10.0.15014.1000.
- Windows 10 mobile build 10.0.15014.1000 improved speed of displaying HTTP images on live tiles (for example, the images used on the MSN News app live tile).
- Fixed the phone’s display wouldn’t turn off in close proximity to your face when in a call and using Continuum.
- Stylized buttons in notifications are now aligned to the right, consistent with other system buttons in dialogs in Windows 10 mobile build 10.0.15014.1000.
- Fixed an issue that might cause an Insider’s custom typing dictionary to be unexpectedly deleted.
- Windows 10 mobile build 10.0.15014.1000 also fixed an issue on the new Bluetooth & other devices Settings page where Miracast devices would always show as connected, even if they had been disconnected.
Known issues for Mobile build 10.0.15014.1000
- AAD Identity Settings Sync: Microsoft Edge does not sync Reading List from PC to phone unless there is a restart.
- AAD Identity Settings Sync: Microsoft Edge is syncing passwords on phone but not showing them in “saved passwords” in Microsoft Edge settings.
- When you receive a new email notification and tap on it to open the message, it doesn’t open the Mail app or message.
- New option to pause updates contains text referencing PC-only Windows Defender.
- Insiders with certain devices, such as the Lumia 635 and 636, may not be able to manually change the brightness. The brightness will still automatically adjust if it is set to do so, so please use that for the time being while we investigate.
- The ninja cat emoji display in two characters on the keyboard instead of the expected one.
- Adding a new card / paying with an existing card will not work in Microsoft Wallet.
- The Quiet Hours quick action button in the Action Center doesn’t work.
- Microsoft Edge might sometimes unexpectedly not rotate into landscape mode. If this happens, try quickly locking and unlocking your phone.
Recently, the company also released a new cumulative update KB3213986 build 14393693 for PC and mobile build 10.0.14393.693 for Windows 10 Anniversary Update users and cumulative update KB3210721 build 10586.753 for Threshold 2 users.
Finally, Windows 10 build 15002 ISOs are now available for download. You can download ISO from here.