Windows 10 Mobile build 10.0.15025.1001 is now available. Recently, Microsoft released Windows 10 Insider Preview PC Build 15025 but skipped mobile build because of bug that impacts their ability to release the mobile build.
However, Windows 10 Mobile build 10.0.15025.1001 is now available for Fast Ring Insiders. The latest build brings new features, improvements, and other fixes. Previously, the company released Windows 10 mobile 10.0.15014.1000 for insiders.
If you are facing Error 80080008 with build 15025, Read here for the workaround.
New in Windows 10 Mobile Build 10.0.15025.1001
Microsoft Edge can now read aloud: Microsoft Edge will now read aloud* your e-books just like on PC! Just press the “read aloud” button at the top-right corner after opening one of your e-books and listen to Microsoft Edge read you the book with focus on the line and the word being read along. This feature is also extended to all non-store EPUB files opened using Microsoft Edge.
Microsoft Edge and emoji: Microsoft Edge will now display full-color, updated emoji by default on websites that use emoji.
Introducing Collections in Feedback Hub: Windows 10 Mobile build 10.0.15025.1001 brings Collections. Collections are now live in Feedback Hub starting with app version 1.1612.10251.0.
New mono audio option in Ease of Access settings: Visually impaired users use a screen reader application to read content on their phones and information to them, and frequently use headphones or earbuds to hear their device when in meetings or having conversations with others. When doing so, they generally use only one earbud to hear what’s being said from their device in one ear so the other ear is free to hear conversations and sounds around them. That can cause them to not hear sounds that may be directed to the other earbud. In order to change the sound to be mono mode and so all audio is directed to both ears, they used to need a physical earphone adapter. You can now switch your audio to mono straight from the new Audio section under Settings > Ease of Access > Other options.
Fixed in Windows 10 Mobile Build 10.0.15025.1001
- Windows 10 Mobile build 10.0.15025.1001 fixed an issue resulting in the Outlook Mail and Calendar tiles sometimes no longer updating for some Insiders until the tile had been resized.
- Windows 10 Mobile build 10.0.15025.1001 fixed an issue where insiders with certain devices, such as the Lumia 635 and 636, might not have been able to manually change the brightness.
- Windows Insiders should no longer have trouble connecting to certain Google sites due to an implementation of a new security model being rolled out to further enhance user security.
- To help save characters when typing in fields with a character limit, we’ve added a new ellipsis child key for Latin-based languages (such as English, German, and French) when you press and hold the period key on the touch keyboard.
- Windows 10 Mobile build 10.0.15025.1001 fixed an issue where the Quiet Hours quick action button in the Action Center wasn’t working in recent builds.
- fixed an issue where notifications using stylized icons had an unexpected amount of padding underneath for high-DPI devices.
- fixed an issue where receiving a new email notification and tapping on it to open the message wouldn’t open the Mail app or message.
- App developers can now request to pin their primary tile, just like secondary tiles, allowing apps to highlight their awesome live tiles.
- We fixed an issue where on some Lumia phones, such as the Lumia 950, there was no dimming prior to the screen turning off.
- fixed an issue where pressing the Print Screen key on the keyboard in Continuum wouldn’t take a screenshot of the second display.
- fixed an issue where preview thumbnails weren’t appearing as expected in the task switcher when using Continuum.
- fixed an issue impacting apps written for Windows Phone 8.1, where they might crash if certain types of dialogs were open in the app and the touch keyboard came up.
- Windows 10 Mobile build 10.0.15025.1001 improved battery life when OneDrive or similar tasks are running in the background.
- Windows 10 Mobile build 10.0.15025.1001 fixed an issue where the Cortana live tile would appear blank and not showing the Cortana icon for some languages.
- Windows 10 Mobile build 10.0.15025.1001 fixed an issue where pressing the mic button in Cortana, and then immediately pressing the Go button on the keyboard, would result in an “I can’t hear anything” error, rather than speech input being cancelled and a search performed.
- Fixed an issue where the description for the new Apps section of Settings referred to desktop settings rather than mobile ones.
- Fixed an issue where the touch keyboard wouldn’t dismiss after pressing enter when doing a search on the Apps & features Settings page.
- Fixed an issue where the media buttons on a keyboard connected to the phone over Bluetooth would stop working after Bluetooth had been turned off and back on.
- Fixed an issue where Settings might sometimes appear blank except for the search box (until it had been closed and reopened).
- Windows 10 Mobile build 10.0.15025.1001 fixed an issue where the Settings gear would appear pixelated on high-DPI devices when Settings was pinned to Start.
- Windows 10 Mobile build 10.0.15025.1001 fixed an issue where Settings might hang and then crash after tapping on “Fix Me” or “Start\Stop Insider preview Builds” on the Windows Insider Program Settings page.
- Fixed an issue where Settings would crash on the Sign-in options page if you tapped “I forgot my pin”, set it up again, then tapped “remove”.
- Fixed an issue where a string saying SystemSettings.ViewModel.SettingEntry was unexpectedly displayed on the Narrator Settings page.
- Fixed an issue that could result in the Messaging app icon on the lock screen sometimes appearing as a red X as opposed to the expected message bubble.
- Fixed an issue resulting in videos captured with the Camera app unexpectedly appearing with a greyed-out thumbnail in Photos.
- Fixed an issue on recent builds resulting in cellular connectivity sometimes unexpectedly not working after a reboot for Insiders on certain cellular networks.
- Fixed an issue with certain connected Bluetooth peripherals resulting in Groove Music not resuming playing music after ending a Skype call.
- Fixed an issue resulting in the Podcast app being muted after the app had been suspended.
- Fixed an issue resulting in Narrator not being able to read the list of possible tones that could be picked from ringtones when selecting an alarm tone in the Alarms & Clock app.
Known issues for Mobile build 10.0.15025.1001
- Speech packs will be unable to download on Windows 10 Mobile build 10.0.15025.1001.
- The ninja cat emoji display in two characters on the keyboard instead of the expected one.
- In Windows 10 Mobile build 10.0.15025.1001 adding a new card / paying with an existing card will not work in Microsoft Wallet.
- Microsoft Edge might sometimes unexpectedly not rotate into landscape mode. If this happens, try quickly locking and unlocking your phone.
Microsoft is also testing Windows 10 cumulative update build 14393.805 for PC and mobile build 10.0.14393.805. Recently, Windows insider team also released Update KB3216755 build 14393.726 for PC and Mobile build 10.0.14393.726 for Release Preview Ring members.
If you are facing issues with build 15025 like error 0xC1900401, build not yet available, download stuck at 0%, high CPU usage issue or other problems with the latest build, check out workaround here
Finally, Windows 10 build 15002 ISOs are now available for download. You can download ISO from here. The company will release Windows 10 Creators Update in April 2017. Microsoft will also release Redstone 3 later this year and Redstone 4 next year. For more details check out below posted links.