Windows 10 mobile build 15240 (10.0.15240.0) feature2 is now available for Fast Ring insider members. The new update has added supports for new emoji 5.0 which includes new snacks, actions, dinosaurs, and even fantasy characters like genies, fairies and zombies.
In addition, the update has also added Chinese lunar calendar support for Windows 10 Mobile devices. Check out full changelog below.
What’s new in Windows 10 mobile build 15240.0
Emoji 5.0: Added support for the latest Unicode updates – including new snacks, actions, dinosaurs, and even fantasy characters like genies, fairies and zombies – to Windows 10 Mobile in this build. They’re all accessible via both the touch keyboard and the Emoji Panel. We’ve tweaked some of our original emoji designs based on your feedback and to improve consistency with how the emoji is displayed on other platforms.
Chinese Lunar Calendar: Added the Calendar UWP app supports the Chinese Lunar calendar on both PC and Mobile. Here’s how you can enable the calendar on Mobile:
Fixed in Windows 10 mobile build 10.0.15240.0
- The update has fixed the issue where trying to update Windows Store apps saved to your SD card resulted in an 8007000B error. Apps installed on SD cards should update without any issue.
- The update has fixed an issue where there was no icon shown for Windows Update for either new notifications or on the settings page under Settings > System > Notifications & actions.
Known Issues in Windows 10 mobile build 10.0.15240.0
- Occasionally, Narrator speaks phrases in English rather than the chosen non-English language.
- There is a problem with the HP Elite X3 with wired docks where the portrait orientation setting is lost when the external display is disconnected and reconnected. A workaround for this is to reboot the phone after tapping the “OK” button instead of disconnecting and reconnecting. This workaround must be performed every time you connect to an external display you want to use with Continuum in portrait orientation.
- When installing or updating a Windows Store app, you may see error 80070057. As a workaround, you can get the latest app by uninstalling the older version of the app from your device and reinstall latest version from Store.
If you’re Windows Insider member, check your phone update and download Windows 10 mobile build 15240 (10.0.15240.0) feature2.