Windows insider fast ring began receiving Windows 10 Mobile Build 14322. New features in mobile Redstone build 14322 make you feel like a new OS to some extent. Redstone is a codename for the first major update of Windows 10 Desktop and Mobile.
New in Windows 10 Mobile Build 14322:
- Notifications grouping.
- Support new interactive notifications.
- New insights from Cortana for important notifications.
- Quick Steps customization.
- Cortana new reminder with photo holder or app.
- New icons in the settings menu.
- New tips settings.
- Option to enable or disable the vibration function keys.
- Glance screen moved in the Custom Settings menu.
- Redesign of the battery saving menu, detailed hour for each app.
- Windows Update smarter.
- A new set of emoticons to use in all messaging app.
- Copy / Paste improved.
- Improvements for better tab behavior.
- USB-Ethernet adapters support.
- Virtual Camera button added.
- Control always active music buttons.
- Added Comments.
List of all of the fixes in Windows 10 Mobile build 14322. Gabe Aul posted:
- We fixed an issue resulting in the screen flickering while watching a full-screen video or when you first launched the Camera app.
- We’ve tuned the alarm volume ramp up for alarms using your music – the initial volume will be the same softer level we started using in earlier builds as a result of your feedback, but now it will get louder faster.
- We updated the reminder and alert notification logic, so if you answer a call while at least one notification is visible, you no longer need to dismiss notifications before being able to end the call. You will now see the call-in-progress banner above the notification while in this state, and tapping it will bypass any existing notifications without having to first dismiss them.
- We fixed an issue where pressing the hardware volume controls would quit Netflix playback.
- We fixed an issue where Chinese Input Method Editor users would lose their typing history after reboot, as well as an issue resulting in the Chinese 12-key keyboard crashing if you typed “erbo” (㜦).
- We fixed an issue where swiping from Start to the All apps list would get stuck after exiting Continuum.
- We fixed an issue where music would sometimes stop playing a few minutes after the device had been locked or the screen had been turned off.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the keyboard dismissing when you tapped the first key after having interacted with the app bar.
- We fixed an issue where trying to delete and re-type an auto-correction would result in it getting auto-corrected again.
- We fixed an issue where locking and unlocking the phone quickly with Action Center open could result in Start being stuck on resuming.
- We fixed an issue where the keyboard would sometimes show all black when responding to a text in the Action Center above the Lock screen.
- We fixed an issue where users with their Lock screen set to Bing would just see the default Windows 10 background.
- We fixed an issue resulting a missing Windows logo above the Start screen in the Task Switcher.
- We fixed an issue where phone call could stop ringing if interrupted by an SMS notification.
- We fixed an issue where the app name on the Start tile could be truncated even though there’s space available to display it.
- We fixed an issue where volume control would continue to show headphones volume after headphones had been disconnected. Notification text in banners and Action center will now grow larger when the Ease of Access “Text Scaling” option is enabled.
known issues with Redstone Mobile Build 14322:
- Language and speech packs are unable to be downloaded and will show errors due to a backend issue.
- We’re investigating a crash with the Camera app when going into your camera roll.
- There is an issue in which you may see duplicate apps under All apps showing as pending despite being installed and usable on your phone. You may also see some apps stuck in the Store.
- You may see square boxes in certain apps when using some of the new emoji – we’re still getting support for the new emoji added throughout the systems, this will be resolved in a future build.
- In some cases, users might get in a state where neither space or enter are working on the keyboard. If that happens, pressing and holding one of the apps in the All apps list until a context menu appears may resolve the issue. If this doesn’t work, you will need to reboot.