Update: Windows 10 Redstone 3 build 16170 for PC is now rolling out to Fast Ring Insiders. Check out what’s new this build.
New in Windows 10 Redstone 3 build 16170
- We fixed the issue causing your PC to fail to install new builds on reboot with the error 8024a112.
- We have updated the share icon in File Explorer (in the Share tab) to match our new share iconography.
- We fixed an issue where Cortana Reminders was displayed as a possible share target when Cortana wasn’t enabled.
- We fixed an issue where Miracast sessions would disconnect a minute or so after the Connect UI was closed if the connection was a first time pairing.
- We fixed a high-DPI issue when “System (Enhanced)” scaling is enabled so as to now correctly display certain applications that use display graphics accelerated contents.
- Turning the night light schedule off in Settings now turns night light off immediately.
Known issues Windows 10 Redstone 3 build 16170
- Narrator will not work on this build. If you require Narrator to work, you should move to the Slow ring until we get this bug fixed.
- Some Insiders have reported seeing this error “Some updates were cancelled. We’ll keep trying in case new updates become available” in Windows Update.
- Some apps and games may crash due to a misconfiguration of advertising ID that happened in a prior build. Specifically, this issue affects new user accounts that were created on Build 15031. The misconfiguration can continue to persist after upgrading to later builds. The ACL on the registry key incorrectly denies access to the user and you can delete the following registry key to get out of this state: HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AdvertisingInfo.
- There is a bug where if you need to restart your PC due to a pending update like with the latest Surface firmware updates, the restart reminder dialog doesn’t pop up. You should check Settings > Update & security > Windows Update to see if a restart is required.
- Certain hardware configurations may cause the broadcast live review window in the Game bar to flash Green while you are Broadcasting. This does not affect the quality of your broadcast and is only visible to the Broadcaster. Make sure you have the latest graphics drivers.
- Double-clicking on the Windows Defender icon in the notification area does not open Windows Defender. Right-clicking on the icon and choosing open will open Windows Defender.
- Surface 3 devices fail to update to new builds if a SD memory card is inserted. The updated drivers for the Surface 3 that fix this issue have not yet been published to Windows Update.
- Pressing F12 to open the Developer Tools in Microsoft Edge while F12 is open and focused may not return focus to the tab F12 is opened against, and vice-versa.
- The Action Center may get into a state where dismissing one notification unexpectedly dismisses multiple. If this happens, please try rebooting your device.
Original Story: Microsoft is now testing a new Windows 10 Redstone 3 build 16170 for PC and mobile build 10.0.16170.1000. The new R3 build appears online with sting 10.0.16170.1000 (rs_prerelease.170331-1532). The builds were compiled on March 31, 2017.
Windows 10 Redstone 3 build is expected to release very soon. According to Microsoft, the new Windows 10 (Redstone 3) update will release with no major noticeable changes. That’s because right now, Windows Insider team is focused on making some refinements to OneCore. The new features will be added later.
The upcoming Windows 10 R3 update will include a new improved UI design or codenamed Project NEON as well as other features. Additionally, the company will share its vision for Windows 10 and Redstone 3 at its upcoming Build 2017 conference in May. Microsoft’s Redstone 3 update is expected to release later half of the year.
Meanwhile, Windows 10 Creators Update build 15063 for PC and mobile is now available to Fast, Slow and Preview Ring Insider members. Microsoft will roll out Windows 10 Creators Update on April 5th and a wider release on April 11. Also, the company will release the Creators Update for Windows 10 Mobile on April 25.
However, the update will gradually roll out to everyone. But you can still download the update before everyone else from the link below.