Windows 10 update KB4284819 (Build 16299.492) is now rolling out for Fall Creators Update users. Windows 10 Fall Creators Update users will find a new update 2018-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4284819) in Windows Update. The latest update has fixed an issue in which some USB devices and onboard devices, such as a built-in laptop camera, keyboard, or mouse, stop working. Check out more details below.
What’s New in Windows 10 update KB4284819
This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
- Provides protections from an additional subclass of speculative execution side channel vulnerability known as Speculative Store Bypass (CVE-2018-3639). These protections aren’t enabled by default. For Windows client (IT pro) guidance, follow the instructions in KB4073119. For Windows Server guidance, follow the instructions in KB4072698. Use this guidance document to enable mitigations for Speculative Store Bypass (CVE-2018-3639) in addition to the mitigations that have already been released for Spectre Variant 2 (CVE-2017-5715) and Meltdown (CVE-2017-5754).
- Includes additional performance improvements.
- Addresses an issue in Microsoft Edge that causes incorrect responses to XML requests.
- Adds support for the SameSite cookie web standard to Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer.
- Addresses an issue with Internet Explorer that prevents it from using an updated version of location services.
- Addresses an issue where firmware updates cause devices to go into BitLocker recovery mode when BitLocker is enabled, but Secure Boot is disabled or not present. This update prevents firmware installation on devices in this state. Administrators can install firmware updates by:
- Temporarily suspending BitLocker.
- Immediately installing firmware updates before the next OS startup.
- Immediately restarting the device so that BitLocker doesn’t remain in the suspended state.
- Security updates to Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft scripting engine, Windows Desktop Bridge, Windows apps, Windows shell, Windows storage and filesystems, Windows app platform and frameworks, Windows virtualization and kernel, Windows wireless networking, and Windows Server.
Check your updates for 2018-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4284819).