Today, Microsoft has announced that the Windows Server 2016 and System Center 2016 is coming in October. The latest 2016 server edition will include new features like Hyper-V containers, Nano Server, and new security features.
New features in Windows Server 2016:
- Extended security: Windows Server 2016 introduces new layers of security to harden the platform to address emerging threats, control privileged access and protect virtual machines.
- Resilient compute: simplified virtualization upgrades, new installment options, and increased resilience, helping you ensure the stability of the infrastructure without limiting agility.
- Reduced-cost storage: expanded capabilities in software-defined storage with an emphasis on resilience, reduced cost, and increased control.
- Simplified networking: the new networking stack brings the core set of networking capabilities and SDN architecture directly from Azure to your datacenter.
- Application efficiency and agility: The new server delivers new ways to package, configure, deploy, run, test and secure your applications, running on-premises or in the cloud, using new capabilities such as Windows containers and the new Nano Server lightweight OS deployment option.
Check out complete list of new features in Windows Server 2016 here.