Windows Server Build 16278 is now available for Windows Insider members. The latest insider build comes with bug fixes and other improvements. There is no new feature in this build. A couple of key functionalities to enable end-to-end testing of Cluster Sets scenarios are not present in this build, so defer all evaluation of this scenario to a future build.
If you signed up for Windows Insiders for Business using an AAD account, there is a temporary issue with access to the Windows Server Download page using AAD accounts. If you registered using an MSA account at the Windows Insider program, your MSA account may be used to access the page and to download builds until this is resolved.
- [New] Starting a system in the Windows Preinstallation Environment (WinPE) from a Fat32 disk partition in UEFI mode can fail, depending on the position of \sources\BOOT.WIM within the partition. This issue can block imaging and installation of the operating system.
- Apps that call into the firewall, such apps that use networking, may become unresponsive until the user reboots because of an application hang end-task error (0xCFFFFFFF) in the Windows firewall API library (FirewallAPI.dll), which occurs when the library is blocked on an advanced local procedure call (ALPC) port while attempting to diagnose a connection failure and retrieve information.
- Cluster Sets: A couple of key functionalities to enable end-to-end testing of Cluster Sets scenarios are not present in this build.
- Local vs. remote management: Some command-line tools and PowerShell modules may not be available for use locally on a Server Core installation. To remotely manage RS3 Server Core by using the full set of GUI tools, command-line tools, and PowerShell modules, download Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT), available on the Windows Server Insider Preview download page.
The latest Windows Server build and matching symbols are available for download here. Simply click on the desired file(s) and save locally. Matching Windows Server container images will be available via the Docker Hub.
The following keys are available for unlimited activations of Windows Server. These keys may be used throughout the pre-release cycle.
- Windows Server Datacenter Core: B69WH-PRNHK-BXVK3-P9XF7-XD84W
- Windows Server Standard Core: V6N4W-86M3X-J77X3-JF6XW-D9PRV