Microsoft is now rolling out Xbox One build 1710.170916-2000 to the Alpha Ring Insider members. The latest build has fixed an issue which sometimes caused games and apps to fail to appear in Ready to Install.
In addition, the new build has also fixed numerous user interface issues which occurred when using Light Theme.
New in Xbox One build 1710.170916-2000
Games & Apps
- Fixed issues which sometimes caused games and apps to fail to appear in Ready to Install.
• Fixed issues which could sometimes cause the dashboard to load to a black screen.
• Fixed images on the Mixer tab appearing clipped or duplicated.
• Fixed issues which could sometimes cause Home or Guide to crash.
- Fixed numerous user interface issues which occurred when using Light Theme.
- The virtual keyboard auto-suggests feature now functions correctly.
- 3D Blu-Ray content may not correctly play in 3D.
- You may be unable to scroll sideways in the Welcome and Social tabs.
- The focus may get stuck when navigating between tabs in Game Hub.
- The tab buttons in Game Hub may have a black glow.
- There are some known visual contrast issues in messaging, the entertainment twist, and the Mixer twist—you may see white on white. Fixes will be coming soon.
- When using Arabic or Hebrew language and signing in with a profile using the “Lock it down” security preference, the sign-in screen which requests Microsoft account e-mail address and password is distorted. This does not affect the profile if it is set to use the “Ask for my passkey” or “No barriers” security preferences.
Workaround: Set the console to use another language, sign-in, and set the profile’s security preference to “Ask for my passkey” or “No barriers”. Alternatively, you can still type in your password as normal using the virtual keyboard though the screen is distorted.
- When using Hebrew language, Netflix fails to launch.
Note that not all planned features for this update are available at this time. If you’re on the Xbox Preview Alpha ring, you can check for the latest Xbox One Insider build 1710.170916-2000 by going to Settings -> System -> Updates.
Also, If your console is in Instant-On mode and you have been selected to receive the update, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.