Xbox One alpha build 1711 (16299.4016 rs3_release_xbox_dev_1711.171024-1923) now rolling out for Insider members. The Microsoft Store now enables gifting of select digital Xbox One games.
In addition to games and friends, you will soon be able to add club blocks to Home. Check out the big changelog below.
New in Xbox One Alpha build 1711
• For Xbox Insiders in the Alpha ring, the Microsoft Store now enables gifting of select digital Xbox One games, “durable” downloadable content (DLC) (map packs, weapon skins, etc.), Xbox Live Gold, and Xbox Game Pass—right from your console! Just choose a game within the Store, select “Buy as Gift,” and send it to your friends or family members by picking their Gamertag or entering their email address.
• In addition to games and friends, you will soon be able to add club blocks to Home. We’re also making it easier to explore additional types of blocks at the bottom of Home by adding a new section under “Add More.”
• Additionally, your console will now back up even more settings, including your TV & OneGuide settings. This expansion will provide a simple experience when you transition from one console to another using the settings backup to your external games and apps storage device.
• The Xbox app for iOS and Android will now enable you to finish setting up your new Xbox One X console while it’s downloading the day one update. Additionally, we’ve also improved the process for enabling 4K output right out of the box.
• Xbox’s new notifications provide an at-a-glance status of what activities you can immediately step into after you’ve had to step out for a moment. We’re adding additional notifications types when your system goes idle, including LFG posts, broadcasts, and Achievements.
• Adding miniature Game Hubs for your most recently used games in the Guide. That way, you can access the great content on a game hub without having to leave the action.
• Adults who have enabled the “Buy & download” online safety setting will now have an easier time purchasing games thanks to a passkey/password challenge directly in the Xbox dashboard.
• Games with no unlocked achievements can now be hidden from the personal and public view of your profile.
These features will roll out to Xbox Insiders over the next few weeks. Insiders can check the release notes within the Xbox Insider Hub for more details, or navigate to the Xbox Insider forums at forums.xbox.com.
You’ll soon be able to send digital games and subscriptions as gifts to your friends and family in the Microsoft Store (on Xbox, Windows and on the Web), and today (10/27) at 1:00PM PDT we’re allowing Preview Alpha participants a first look!
When purchasing a gift, the gift will be delivered to the recipient via email message containing a digital code for the item. The email will be sent immediately upon purchase. The email message will provide the gift recipient with instructions on how to redeem the digital code.
- Resolved an issue which sometimes prevented content blocks from being added to Home.
- Fixed an issue which sometimes caused party chat to unexpectedly disconnect.
- Miscellaneous improvements for party chat stability.
- Resolved an issue which could cause the console to get stuck displaying video content in 24hz after playing a Blu-Ray.
- Resolved an issue which caused 3D Blu-Rays to play in 2D.
- Fixed an issue which caused Dolby Atmos settings to reset after resuming from connected standby.
• The left and right navigation for selecting date and time during Tournament creation is currently reversed when the console language is set to Arabic or Hebrew.
• Left and right navigation in Tournament twists is reversed when the console language is set to Arabic or Hebrew.
• Left and right navigation in the bracket view of Tournaments is reversed when the console language is set to Arabic or Hebrew.
Avatars on Home
- Users wishing to represent themselves as an avatar can do so by changing their settings under My profile > Customize profile > Show my avatar.
Note that not all planned features for this update are available at this time. If you’re on the Xbox Preview Alpha ring, you can check for the latest Xbox One Insider build 16299.4016 (rs3_release_xbox_dev_1711.171024-1923) by going to Settings -> System -> Updates.
Also, If your console is in Instant-On mode and you have been selected to receive the update, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.