A new Xbox One system update 10.0.14393.2152 (rs1_xbox_rel_1610 161208-1218) is now rolling out to the public. The latest build update brings improvements for download speeds, fixes for background music and more. Previously, Xbox Insider members tested all these features. Here’s everything you need to know.
Xbox One build 10.0.14393.2152 (rs1_xbox_rel_1610 161208-1218)
- Microsoft made several optimizations to game and app downloads on Xbox One.
- Customers with high-speed connections (greater than 100Mbps) should experience up to 80% faster download speeds.
- Customers with connections less than 100Mbps should experience more consistent performance that is up to 40% faster than before.
- Additional optimizations have also made background downloads more resilient to intermittent connectivity issues.
- Download speeds will be influenced by network contention within the home and at the ISP level. Download speeds will also be impacted when games are running on the console as system resources are prioritized for gameplay over background downloads. For more information, visit Troubleshoot slow game or app downloads on Xbox One.
- Firmware update to improve performance.
- General performance improvements for added reliability and consistent experiences across streaming music apps.
- General stability and performance improvements.
The new update will gradually available for everyone. But you can still check it manually by selecting All Settings> System> Console info & updates> Update Available.