Microsoft is now rolling out Xbox One build 16287 or 1710.170908-1900 (rs3_release_xbox_dev_1710.170908-1900) to the Alpha Ring Insider members. The latest build has enhanced the notification system when your Xbox is idle so that time-sensitive activities are visible from far away.
In addition, the new build has also updated the screen-dimming functionality to better prevent screen ghosting, both when the screen is dimmed and when it’s showing enhanced notifications.
New in Xbox One build 16287 (1710.170908-1900)
- Never Miss Out! – The latest alpha build has enhanced the notification system when your Xbox is idle so that time-sensitive activities are visible from far away. At a glance, you’ll know if your friends have come online while you were away or if you’ve been invited to play. You’ll never miss out on what’s going on with your friends, clubs, broadcasts, and more.
The new build also updated the screen-dimming functionality to better prevent screen ghosting, both when the screen is dimmed and when it’s showing enhanced notifications.
NOTE: This feature is being enabled 9/12 at 9:00 AM PDT, and will become available on Xbox a few hours later (or immediately after a hard reset).
- Home – Downvoting content in the middle two discovery slots on Home will now instantly remove the content type from view.
- Controller – A new controller firmware update is available for Xbox One controllers with Bluetooth. You can manually download the update from Settings > Kinect & devices > Devices & accessories > Device info.
- Games & Apps – Fixed an issue which caused games to sometimes fail to appear in Ready to Install.
- Game Hub – Fixed an issue which sometimes caused Game Hub to display inaccurate Gamerscore or achievements.
- Minecraft Better Together Beta – Other games should no longer fail to launch after launching the Minecraft Beta.
- Blu-Ray Player – 3D Blu-Ray content now correctly plays in 3D.
- Light Theme – There are some known visual contrast issues in messaging, the entertainment twist, and the Mixer twist—you may see white on white. Fixes will be coming soon.
- Sign-in – When using Arabic or Hebrew language and signing in with a profile using the “Lock it down” security preference, the sign-in screen which requests Microsoft account e-mail address and password is distorted. This does not affect the profile if it is set to use the “Ask for my passkey” or “No barriers” security preferences.
Workaround: Set the console to use another language, sign-in, and set the profile’s security preference to “Ask for my passkey” or “No barriers”. Alternatively, you can still type in your password as normal using the virtual keyboard though the screen is distorted.
- Netflix – When using Hebrew language, Netflix fails to launch.
- Home – Images on the Mixer tab may appear clipped or duplicated.
Note that not all planned features for this update are available at this time. If you’re on the Xbox Preview Alpha ring, you can check for the latest Xbox One Insider build 16287 or 1710.170908-1900 by going to Settings -> System -> Updates.
Also, If your console is in Instant-On mode and you have been selected to receive the update, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.