Microsoft is now rolling out Xbox One Insider build 1703.170302-1700 to the Alpha ring members. The latest build resolved an issue which prevented “Portal” accessories used with games from being recognized. Also, there are improvements for Cortana.
However, build also includes a long list of known issues related to Cortana, EA access, game clips and more. Check out full details below.
Fixes in Xbox One Insider build 1703.170302-1700
- Resolved an issue which prevented “Portal” accessories used with games like Skylanders, LEGO Dimensions, and Disney Infinity from being recognized.
- The Xbox Accessories app Device Details page should no longer appear blank.
- Fixed an issue which sometimes prevented Cortana reminders from being created.
- Copilot does not function at this time. You can disable Copilot from the power menu (hold the Xbox button on the controller) if desired.
- With Xbox One Insider build 1703.170302-1700 Cortana may take a long time to respond when activated while playing certain games.
- Notifications Some users may not receive certain types of notifications.
- After capturing a game clip, the game clip fails to automatically post to the Activity Feed (if your profile is configured to do so). Workaround: Manually view game clips in Profile > Captures > Manage captures and post to the Activity Feed.
- The EA Access app may indicate you are not an EA Access subscriber when you are. This does not affect your ability to download or play games from the Vault or receive discounts on EA titles.
- The screen may dim after a short amount of time while viewing videos in certain apps (Hulu Plus).
Settings – Ease of Access
- When enabling the Mono output setting in Ease of Access – Audio, Settings becomes unresponsive, crashes, and fails to launch on subsequent attempts. Workaround: To launch Settings, perform a hard reset (hold down the button on the front of the console for five seconds until it fully powers down, then powers it back on).
Settings – Display & sound
- The Audio output page is under construction and some of the new settings are not yet functional. New support is planned for Dolby Atmos for home theater, Dolby Atmos for headphones, and more in upcoming builds. An announcement will be made when these new features are ready to try out; enabling these settings now will have no effect.
- The Wireless Display app fails to launch and immediately crashes to Home.
If you’re on the Xbox Preview Alpha ring, you can check for the latest Insider build 1703.170302-1700 by going to Settings -> System -> Updates.
Also, If your console is in Instant-On mode and you have been selected to receive the update, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.