Microsoft is now rolling out Xbox One Insider build 1704.170401-1900 to the Alpha ring members. The new build brings new Activity reports feature which allows you to monitor your child’s activity on Xbox One including web browsing, app & game usage, screen time limits, and purchase history.
However, the new update rs2_release_xbox_1704.170401-1900 also comes with known issues related to Wireless Display and more. Check out full details below.
Fixes in Xbox One Insider build 1704.170401-1900
- Activity reports are now available on Xbox One! You can now monitor your child’s activity on Xbox One including web browsing, app & game usage, screen time limits (where available), and purchase history.
To access activity reports:
- Navigate to account.microsoft.com/family.
- Sign in with your Microsoft account, and ensure there is at least one child account in your Family.
- In the top menu bar, navigate to the Family tab, select your child, and select Activity next to their account.
- Under Activity reporting, switch the toggle to “On”.
- Check back in 24 hours to view your child’s activity on Xbox One.
- Miscellaneous fixes and improvements.
- Display & sound The Audio output page is under construction and some of the new settings are not yet functional. New support is planned for Dolby Atmos for home theater, Dolby Atmos for headphones, and more in upcoming builds. An announcement will be made when these new features are ready to try out; enabling these settings now will have no effect.
- The Wireless Display app fails to launch and immediately crashes to Home.
If you’re on the Xbox Preview Alpha ring, you can check for the latest Insider build 1704.170401-1900 by going to Settings -> System -> Updates.
Also, If your console is in Instant-On mode and you have been selected to receive the update, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.