Microsoft is now rolling out Xbox One Insider build 1704.170407-2038 to the Alpha ring members. The new build fixed a situation in which OOBE could fail a complete setup leaving the console with the default time and no profiles loaded. There are other fixes and improvements.
However, the new update rs2_release_xbox_1704.170407-2038 also comes with known issues related to Wireless Display and more. Check out full details below.
Fixes in Xbox One Insider build 1704.170407-2038
- System update Fixed a situation in which OOBE could fail a complete setup leaving the console with the default time and no profiles loaded.
- Fixed a situation in which the Guide was not displaying all the icons.
- Fixes Miscellaneous localization fixes.
- Fixed an issue with voice navigation of Settings menu.
- Display & sound The Audio output page is under construction and some of the new settings are not yet functional. New support is planned for Dolby Atmos for home theater, Dolby Atmos for headphones, and more in upcoming builds. An announcement will be made when these new features are ready to try out; enabling these settings now will have no effect.
- The Wireless Display app fails to launch and immediately crashes to Home.
If you’re on the Xbox Preview Alpha ring, you can check for the latest Insider build 1704.170407-2038 by going to Settings -> System -> Updates.
Also, If your console is in Instant-On mode and you have been selected to receive the update, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.