The Xbox Insider preview build rs_xbox_dev_flight.170201-2341 for Creators Update is now rolling out for Preview Alpha ring. The latest update brings a couple of new features like automatic updates and Achievement Tracker. The build number is 15026.1001, which is up from 15023.1002.
If your console is in Instant-On mode and you have been selected to receive the update, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby. You can also manually begin the update by launching the Guide and navigating to All Settings > System > Console info & updates.
Xbox OS version rs_xbox_dev_flight.170201-2341:
- You can now enable automatic updates independently from your console’s power mode (Instant-On or Energy-saving). To enable automatic updates, navigate to the new updates interface in Settings > System > Updates. Consoles in Energy-saving Mode will download any available updates at shutdown. For consoles in Instant-On mode, the experience remains the same.
- You can now control the transparency level and number of achievements in the achievement tracker.
- Xbox Insider preview build rs_xbox_dev_flight.170201-2341 resolved an issue which caused Cortana to fail to select a profile for sign-in.
- Cortana may be too responsive to phrases which sound like “Hey Cortana”. The development team is continuing to tune and improve this.
- Cortana may take a long time to respond when activated while playing certain games.
- Scheduled Cortana reminders will not provide a notification if the user who created the reminder is signed in, but not the currently active user.
- When launching the Ubisoft Club app, the screen automatically starts scrolling down and prevents the user from scrolling back up.
- With profile sign-in settings set to “Lock it down”, you may be unable to sign-in again after playing a game, then signing out. Workaround: Hard reset the console (hold down the button on the front of the console for five seconds until it fully powers down, then power it back on).
- The EA Access app may indicate you are not an EA Access subscriber when you are. This does not affect your ability to download or play games from the Vault, or receive discounts on EA titles.
- Microsoft Edge web pages which have been pinned on the Guide Tab fail to launch the web page.
- The screen may dim after a short amount of time while viewing videos in certain apps (Hulu Plus).
Settings – Ease of Access
- When enabling the Mono output setting in Ease of Access – Audio, Settings becomes unresponsive, crashes, and fails to launch on subsequent attempts. Workaround: To launch Settings, perform a hard reset (hold down the button on the front of the console for five seconds until it fully powers down, then power it back on).
Settings – Display & sound
- The Audio output page is under construction and some of the new settings are not yet functional. New support is planned for Dolby Atmos for home theater, Dolby Atmos for headphones, and more in upcoming builds. An announcement will be made when these new features are ready to try out; enabling these settings now will have no effect.
- The IGN app launches and immediately crashes to Home.
- The Wireless Display app fails to launch and immediately crashes to Home.
Update: The build is now available for Beta ring also.