The Long Dark update 1.03 is now available for download on PlayStation 4. The update has fixed a long list of technical issues. The update has added a Bedroll to the Cave after the Crash Site in “Survival of the Fittest”. This can be used to Save your Game.
In addition, there are bug fixes and other improvements to the game. Check out full details below.
* Added missing translations for Trust dialogue.
* Fixed issue with some books disappearing when dropped.
* Improvements to checkpointing to help avoid getting into a low-Condition death spiral.
* Buffed the Condition-restoration boost when player reloads after Death.
* Added a Bedroll to the Cave after the Crash Site in “Survival of the Fittest”. This can be used to Save your Game.
* Removed requirement to drink Rosehip Tea in Survival Bowl; it is now an optional objective.
* The Long Dark update 1.03 fixed issue with Rifle Cleaning Kit disappearing after reloading a save.
* Fixed issue with environment geo near the Climbing Park section in Milton.
* Fixed various cases where audio could cut out.
* Fixed locked controls when throwing a stone and picking up a rabbit at the same time.
* The Long Dark update 1.03 fixed floating necklace when speaking with Grey Mother
* General cinematics polish
* Fixed scrollbar issue when transferring items to NPCs.
* Fixed place object shader so objects tint correctly over decals
* Fixed issue with radios playing music when Aurora isn’t present
* The Long Dark update 1.03 fixed save/restore issue that could result in missing loot in scenes when reloading from a checkpoint. This bug was preventing some quests from being completable after reload.
* Fixed issue that could cause the player to spawn on top of a campfire in “Survival of the Fittest”. It should now be impossible to place a fire and then spawn on it the following day.
* Memory optimizations to reduce chance of crashing
* The Long Dark update 1.03 added some more tools in Milton.
* Fixed issue with Wolf AI not fleeing correctly when the player throws a lit Flare, Torch, or Stone at it.
* Fixed issues that preventing the WINTERMUTE soundtrack from playing correctly; you should now hear more music as you explore the world.
* Modified Fire objective on Day 3 of “Survival of the Fittest” to track how long fire has been burning, vs how long it will burn.
* Fixed issue where unlocked Crafting Blueprints could carry over to a new game.
* The Long Dark update 1.03 fixed issue with Condition tutorial triggering after every death. It will now only trigger once.
* Add some missing subtitles.
* Fixed issue with Map Marker not clearing after retrieving Distress Pistol in “Light Up the Night”.
* Fixed issue with “Echoes of Astrid” objective marker appearing during Grey Mother mission set
* Fixed floating campfire in Milton.
* Fixed issue where looping Wolf “feeding” sounds remained even when the Wolf AI was absent.
* The Long Dark update 1.03 fixed issue where feeding Wolves could face the player while still playing feeding animation.
* Fixed issue where Wolves would sometimes not go into their Hold Ground AI state when approached with a Flare or Torch.
* Fixed issue with map icon showing up for some Stone spawn regions.
* Fixed issue where the player could get stuck on geometry in Milton.
* The Long Dark update 1.03 added missing audio for picking up Astrid’s Hardcase on Day 4.
* Added additional checkpointing in Ep1 and Ep2.
* Tuned Antiseptic so that one dose is sufficient to treat Infection Risk.
The Long Dark is available now on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Check your game update and download The Long Dark update 1.03.