Monster Hunter World update 15.01 patch notes are now available for players. Read what is new and fixed in today’s MHW 15.01.
A legendary black dragon known only as Fatalis. Rumored to have destroyed a kingdom in a single night, and has taken its castle for a roost.
Main Additions / Changes
- Fatalis has been added. (Fatalis will be available after finishing the story of Iceborne and completing the Alatreon investigation)
- Arch-tempered Velkhana has been added and will be available in a limited-time event quest. (Check www.monsterhunter.com for schedule details)
- Clutch Claw Boost skill added, allowing you to wound monsters easier
- Soul Stream III has been added to the First Wyverian Ritual at the Elder Melder.
- You can now use rarity 9 decorations and higher as materials at the Elder Melder.
- The following decorations can now be melded at the Elder Melder:
Elementless Jewel 2, Shield Jewel 2, Sharp Jewel 2, Dragonseal Jewel 3, Mighty Bow Jewel 2, and Mind’s Eye Jewel 2.
- New BGM can now be played in your room in Seliana.
- New designs for the Squad Card added.
- New layered armor added.
- New Pendants added.
- Decor can now be obtained from the Steamworks’ Overdrive bonus.
- When add-on content that hasn’t been purchased is available,the following menus will let you jump to various purchase pages:
Gestures, Poses, Stickers, Change Appearance, Pendant Settings, Change the Handler’s Outfit, Room Customization, Music Player, and Figures.
- Some parts of previous title updates that had limited voice dialogue now feature fully voiced dialogue.
- Extended the time that wounds are visible on monsters.
- Increased the chances that high rarity decorations will appear from Carved and Sealed Feystones.
- Increased the chances that Sealed Feystones will appear as part of the rewards for threat level 3 tempered master rank investigations.
- The following charms have been added:
Shaver Charm, Earplugs Charm V, Master’s Charm V, Critical Charm III, Exploiter Charm III, and Handicraft Charm V.
- The following decorations have been added:
Diversion Jewel 3, Acrobat Jewel 3, and Shaver Jewel 3
Bug Fixes and Balance Adjustments
- Addressed a bug where the main target display in quest info would not correctly appear in the event quest “When the Swift Meets the Roar”.
- Addressed a bug where, under specific conditions, a quest would begin without correctly retrieving quest info, and without correctly resetting the time limit or number of faints.
- Fixed the description text for the Gajalaka figure.
- Fixed a display issue with the cloth attached to the Handler’s Festive Samba costume.
- Fixed typos in some of the NPC dialogue.
- Removed the end date for the event quests “The Evening Star” and “Dawn of the Death Star.” Both quests can now be enjoyed indefinitely.
- Addressed a bugwith appraisal weapons where the status after upgrading them would not display correctly when equipped or upgraded beyond level 2.
- Added master rank info to the Useful Information section of Kulve Taroth’s hunter notes.
- Addressed a bug where the set bonus skill icon color would not display in the correct color when looking at skill info via the sort screen at the Smithy.
- Mitigated an issue where the Steamworks’ indicator would not move very far right after the gauge levels up.
- Fixed an issue, where under specific conditions, the light bowgun tutorial would continue to pop up.
- Decreased the lighting in the Seliana Gathering Hub during the Sizzling Spice Fest.
- Fixed an issue, where under specific conditions, joining a Guiding Lands expedition via SOS flare would cause the game to not correctly end loading.
- Addressed a bug where, under specific conditions, the clutch claw’s flinch shot or directional change would not work correctly on Nightshade Paolumu and Legiana.
- Addressed a bug where, under specific conditions, the ground splintering during Furious Rajang’s attacks would not display correctly.
- Addressed a bug where, under specific conditions, Furious Rajang’s pin attack would hit a player and the attack would continue, but the player would not be pinned.
- Fixed some of Lunastra’s behavior when a player leaves an area.
- Addressed a bug where, under specific conditions, the player would still be considered in battle, despite using a Farcaster to return to camp while playing in the Seliana Supply Cache.
- Addressed a bugthat occurred in the Seliana Supply Cache where certain monsters would land in mid-air.
- Tweaked the Dragonrazer in the Seliana Supply Cache so it could not obstruct monster movement.
- Reduced the blinking effect that occurred during Alatreon’s Escaton Judgment.
- Addressed a bug where Alatreon’s Escaton Judgment damage would not occur correctly when a quest member disconnects under specific timing.
- Addressed a bug where, under specific conditions, the puddles created by Alatreon’s attacks would not display correctly.
- Addressed a bug where Alatreon’s measurement size would not display correctly.
- Addressed a bug where a player would not dismount after knocking down Alatreon with a flinch shot.
- Added a unique effect that occurs when Velkhana’s power is sealed via Elderseal.
- Tweaked Velkhana’s behavior after its ice breath under certain conditions.
- Addressed a bug where Velkhana’s ice pillars would have a hard time appearing on certain terrain.
- Addressed a bug where if a player departed on a Safi’jiiva quest under specific timing, they could not receive rewards correctly.
- Addressed a bug where Barioth’s tail attacks would afflict players with iceblight even if they blocked the attack.
- Tweaked Frostfang Barioth’s wings while it’s knocked down so it does not affect player movement.
- Addressed a bug where Frostfang Barioth’s behavior would become erratic under specific conditions.
- Addressed a bug where the elemental values of a weapon would not be consistent depending on the menu when certain equipment or skills are active.
- Addressed a bug where, under specific conditions, the display to indicate the slinger ammo loaded would disappear.
- Addressed a bug where the controller would rumble for a player near a roaming ballista when another player would be firing from it.
- Addressed a bug where if a monster was caught in a one-shot binder, the binder wire would not appear on a player’s screen when they’re joining the quest.
- Addressed a bug where the direction of the Dragonrazer would not be consistent between players when its direction is changed under specific timing.
- Addressed a bug where if a player disconnects under specific timing, it will be possible to load the Dragonrazer with fuel even though it shouldn’t be possible.
- Addressed a bug where the roaming ballista’s position would be different between players when someone dismounts from it under specific timing.
- Addressed a bug where, under certain conditions, a monster’s attack could hit a player in the camp area of the Seliana Supply Cache.
- Addressed a bug where a player’s stamina would not decrease with specific moves when mounted on Alatreon.
- Addressed a bug where there would be parts of the Tentacle Cowl γ armor that would not change color when changing the armor pigment.
- Addressed a bug where the Claire α+ full armor set’s armor pigment settings wouldn’t be reflected.
- Addressed a bug where the Gunlance’s Wyrmstake Blast would pierce a monster in an unnatural position relative to the player’s position when the player is up against a monster or surrounded by monsters.
- Addressed a bugwith the Demonlord Cannon to revert its LV3 normal ammo firing capabilities to a previous version.
- Addressed a bug where the effects of the Guard skill would not be properly reflected in remaining stamina.
- Addressed a bugthat occurs during multiplayer where an interactable object would be targeted even if another player had already interacted with that object.
- Addressed a bug where the player would not be able to move after opening the map in certain situations.
- Addressed a bug where, under specific conditions, the item window order would change when changing equipment after using up an item.
- Increased the Insect Glaive’s ability to wound a monster with a weapon attack while grappling onto it with the clutch claw.
- Addressed a bug where the Critical Draw skill would not properly activate in the Secluded Valley.
- Addressed a bugthat caused some Gunlances to perform their Wyrmstake Cannon and Wyrmstake Blast in the opposite direction.
- The item Pilot Hare Ticket was renamed to Shepherd Hare Ticket, and its description text was updated.
- Addressed a bugthat occurred in the quest “The Eternal Gold Rush” where the battle music would continue to play even after the quest was complete.
- Addressed a bug where the right analog stick would control the camera while in the Color Blind Settings menu.
- Addressed a bug where certain steps would give you items you could normally not carry.
- Changed the guild card title you obtained after slaying Alatreon from “Dragon” to “Element,” as it was a duplicate title.
- Addressed a bug where the Lucky Voucher effect would in rare cases not be reflected properly.
- Addressed a bug where the player couldn’t return to the game screen when using the Surveyor Set.
- Other miscellaneous bug fixes have also been made.
Download free Monster Hunter World update 15.01.