A new Old School RuneScape update released on PC. According to the official Old School RuneScape patch notes, the latest update addresses some bugs and crashes.
Since the last patch, players are experiencing problems with the game. Today’s Old School RuneScape patch will fix a few of these issues.
Check out more details below.
Old School RuneScape Patch Notes
- Pure Essence is no longer required in the minigame. We liked this idea in theory, but in practice it was a bit too clunky.
- The Bank has been removed and replaced with a Deposit Box, which also has a dedicated right-click ‘Deposit Runes’ option. There’s still a Bank in the lobby.
- ‘Batteries’ are now referred to as ‘Cells’.
- Cells are now charged in increments corresponding to the altar they are used at. The higher the level of the altar, the more charge you’ll get!
- Removed the charge system for the Abyssal Lantern. It will now remain lit until you extinguish it. In exchange, it now requires 6 Logs rather than 2.
- Originally, the random portals would let players bypass the Agility requirement to access Fallen Guardians in the outer areas of the Temple. Now, they will take players to a normally closed area of the arena. This area provides players with Guardian Essence (not just Fragments) at a much faster yield, so it’s always worth taking the portals when you see them.
- The Blood Altar is now accessible via the Abyss. Keep reading to learn more!