Encountering the Prime Video Error Code License Get Rights Null can be a frustrating experience for users eager to enjoy their favorite content on Amazon Prime Video. This error typically arises when attempting to stream rented content, posing a significant inconvenience. This article delves into the nature of this error, its causes, and provides comprehensive solutions to resolve it.
What is Prime Video Error Code License Get Rights Null?
The Prime Video Error Code License Get Rights Null is a specific error encountered by Amazon Prime Video users. This issue often occurs when users try to stream rented content. It indicates a problem related to the licensing of the video content. Unlike other streaming platforms like Netflix or Disney Plus, Amazon Prime Video offers the option to buy or rent movies, which can sometimes lead to licensing issues, resulting in this error.
Why Does This Error Occur?
This error can occur due to various reasons:
- Licensing Restrictions: Sometimes, the content you’ve rented or purchased may become unavailable due to licensing restrictions.
- Server Issues: Amazon Prime Video server problems can prevent the app from verifying the license of the video.
- Device or App Issues: Problems with your streaming device or the Prime Video app itself can also trigger this error.
How to Resolve Prime Video Error Code License Get Rights Null
Fix 1: Check Amazon Prime Video Server Status
Before attempting any technical fixes, it’s crucial to check if there are any known outages or server issues with Amazon Prime Video. This can be done by visiting Amazon’s official website or social media channels.
Fix 2: Restart Your Device
A simple yet effective solution is to restart your Fire TV Stick, smart TV, or other streaming devices. This process can help reset any temporary glitches causing the error.
- Exit the Prime Video app.
- Turn off your device.
- Optionally, unplug your router and modem for a minute to refresh your network connection.
Fix 3: Clear Cache and Data
Clearing the cache and data of the Prime Video app can resolve issues related to stored data.
- Navigate to the home screen of the Prime Video app.
- Access the Settings menu using your remote.
- Go to Applications > Manage Installed Applications.
- Select Prime Video.
- Choose ‘Force Stop’, then ‘Clear Data’.
- Restart your device.
Fix 4: Update the Prime Video App
Ensure your Prime Video app is up to date. Outdated versions can lead to compatibility issues and errors.
- Go to the Store section of your device.
- Search for Amazon Prime Video.
- Select ‘Update’ if available.
Fix 5: Reinstall the Prime Video App
If the error persists, try reinstalling the Prime Video app.
- Uninstall the Prime Video app.
- Reinstall it from the app store on your device.
Fix 6: Contact Amazon Customer Service
If all else fails, reaching out to Amazon Customer Service can provide further assistance and potentially resolve the issue.
Prime Video Error Code License Get Rights Null – Easy Solutions: November 23, 2023
Implementing these solutions can effectively address the Prime Video Error Code License Get Rights Null. It’s important to follow each step carefully to ensure the best chance of resolving the issue.