PS4 version 5.0 update (codenamed NOBUNAGA) is now available for everyone to download. The new firmware update comes with a few huge features and lots of small improvements.
PS4 Pro users will now be able to stream in 1080p and 60 FPS and PSVR users will be able to see new messages and comments coming through while broadcasting. PSVR is also adding 5.1ch and 7.1ch virtual surround sound support. Check out full changelog below.
Main Features PlayStation 4 version 5.00 Update
- With PS4 update 5.0, you can now add users of your PS4 as family members. This makes it easy to manage your child’s account information and to restrict PS4 features. To add family members, select (Settings) > [Parental Controls/Family Management].
- As the family manager, you can set up your family.
- Up to seven family members (including you) can be in your family and use online features.
- Multiple adults can be in your family. The family manager can make other adults in the family parents or guardians. The family manager and family members who are parents or guardians can adjust parental controls for the children in your family.
- With PS4 version 5.0 update, you can configure parental control settings for each child. Using parental controls, you can restrict the use of online features and communication with other players, set restrictions for games, restrict the use of the Internet browser, and set spending limits for PlayStation Store.
- You can configure parental controls anytime from your PC or smartphone.
- PS4 version 5.0 update, you can now follow anyone, not just verified accounts. Select (Follow) on a person’s profile screen, and their activities and broadcasts will appear in [What’s New]. You automatically follow your Friends, but you have the option to unfollow them.
- Recommendations for who to follow are now offered based on the games you play. Select (Friends) > (Follow).
- You can now choose who can follow you and who can see your follow list. Select (Settings) > [Account Management] > [Privacy Settings], and then configure each setting.
- (Custom Lists) has been added to (Friends). Create custom lists to easily organize your Friends and choose players to send messages or game invitations to.
- For certain broadcasts, (Communities) now appears on the (Live from PlayStation) viewing screen. To access the broadcaster’s community, select (Communities).
- With PS4 update 5.0, you can now view (Notifications) on the quick menu with PS4 version 5.0 update.
- The following languages have been added as system languages.
- Czech, Indonesian, Hungarian, Romanian, Vietnamese, Greek, Thai.
- When broadcasting PlayStation VR gameplay, you can now see spectator comments on your VR headset screen.
Other Features PS4 version 5.0 update
- For (Messages), screen layout has been improved, and the following features have been added.
- You can now receive music that has been shared with you as a message. Select the message to play the music.
- Messages containing a URL now display a preview.
- The following features have been added to the quick menu.
- You can now select [Leave This Party] to leave the party with PS4 version 5.0 update.
- With PS4 update 5.0, you can now see albums and playlists for songs playing in Spotify.
- A clock has been added.
- The following features have been added to (Settings) > [Notifications].
- You can now disable pop-up notifications during video playback.
- With PS4 update 5.0, you can now choose the color of pop-up notifications.
- You can now choose to show or hide message details in notifications.
- With PS4 update 5.0, you can now choose to broadcast in 1080p (60 fps) when using Twitch on your PlayStation 4 Pro.
- You can now enjoy Blu-ray Disc and DVD content in virtual surround sound when you connect headphones to PlayStation VR.
The PS4 version 5.0 update size is around in at 375 MB, and it’s mandatory to install–just turn your PS4 on and the update should begin downloading automatically. PS4 version 5.0 download link is now available for download.