Update: Windows 10 Mobile users are now receiving cumulative update mobile build 10.0.10586.545 over-the-air. There is no new feature in this mobile build 10.0.10586.545. The update includes only bug fixes and improvements. Note this is not the Anniversary Update, which is still coming in the coming weeks.
Original Story: Microsoft is now rolling out Cumulative Update KB3176493 for Windows 10 for PCs and Mobile users. Windows 10 August month cumulative update includes improvements and security fixes.
The latest update will increment the build number slightly from Windows 10 PC build 10586.494 and mobile build 10.0.10586.494 to new PC build 10586.545 and Mobile 10.0.10586.545. This update includes quality improvements and security fixes. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update.
Update KB3176493 build 10586.545 (10.0.10586.545) Includes:
- Mobile build 10.0.10586.545 improved reliability by allowing more time for devices to recover from connected standby mode.
- KB3176493 addressed an issue affecting some devices with BitLocker enabled that didn’t start up to the BitLocker password entry screen.
- KB3176493 addressed an issue with MouseUp and MouseDown events not working correctly when using a scroll bar in an Inline Frame (IFrame).
- Fixed an issue that delays the display of content when resizing the Internet Explorer 11 browser window.
- Update KB3176493 addressed an issue with special keys and mouse clicks that don’t work on devices when Remote Assistance is in session.
- Fixed an issue with rendering multi-pixel points in Web Graphics Library (WebGL).
- KB3176493 fixed additional issues with certain devices that can’t transition from connected standby to sleep mode, updates not installing, and Internet Explorer 11.
- Security updates to Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge, Kernel Mode Drivers, Windows Authentication Methods, Microsoft Graphics Component, and Kernel Mode Blacklist.
You can check your Windows 10 version by pressing WinLogo key+S then type ‘Winver’. Windows 10 Threshold(Build 10586) users will see Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3176493) in their updates. Go check your updates.