Microsoft is now rolling out Xbox One build 16299 (1711.171103-1923) to the Alpha Ring Insider members. The latest build has added a new option where players can check Xbox One X specific downloads.
In addition, the new build has also updated the screen-dimming functionality to better prevent screen ghosting, both when the screen is dimmed and when it’s showing enhanced notifications.
Games & Apps
You can now check whether a specific game has downloaded Xbox One X assets from Games & Apps. To do this, navigate to Games & Apps > Games, place the focus over an Xbox One X Enhanced game, press the Menu button, and select Manage game. In the Manage game menu you’ll see Xbox One X Assets: Installed if Xbox One X Enhanced content has been installed.
• Miscellaneous improvements for Game performance issues, guide performance issues, stuttering/popping PartyChat audio
• Fixes for Bad audio quality and users “hearing tinny” audio
• Fixed an issue when joining a party chat you will receive the following error – “Party encountered an error. Something went wrong with your party. Try again later. [0x8923102B]”
Store 4k Videos
• Fixed an issue in which 4k videos would not launch and stay in the opening state.
Dolby Atmos and Sound Settings
• Fixed an issue which caused Dolby Atmos settings to reset after resuming from connected standby and settings would report no audio state.
• Fixed an issue in which Cortana skills that activated 3rd party apps did not work such as iHeartRadio.
My Games and Apps
• Fixed an issue in which some game installed if canceled would get into a corrupted state and the install failed.
• Fixed an issue in which the Network transfer Resume All would stop install of the currently installing item and starts installing the last item resumed.
• Improved the reliability of Game launches reducing activation timeout errors resulting in a game failing to launch. Games are more resilient now to launching.
• The left and right navigation for selecting date and time during Tournament creation is currently reversed when the console language is set to Arabic or Hebrew.
• Left and right navigation in Tournament twists is reversed when the console language is set to Arabic or Hebrew.
• Left and right navigation in the bracket view of Tournaments is reversed when the console language is set to Arabic or Hebrew.
Avatars on Home
• Users wishing to represent themselves as an avatar can do so by changing their settings under My profile > Customize profile > Show my avatar.
Note that not all planned features for this update are available at this time. If you’re on the Xbox Preview Alpha ring, you can check for the latest Xbox One Insider Alpha build 1711.171103-1923 by going to Settings -> System -> Updates.
Also, If your console is in Instant-On mode and you have been selected to receive the update, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.