Microsoft is now rolling out Xbox One build 15063.4043 (1706.170526-2218) to the Alpha Ring Insider members. With the latest update, you can now invite a friend to combine their game broadcast with yours. In addition, signing into your Xbox account can now be done with a click of the Xbox button.
The latest update also fixed an issue which could cause distorted sounds and audio glitches when Windows Sonic is enabled. There also fix for Skype app and more. Check out more details below.
What’s new in Xbox One build 15063.4043 (1706.170526-2218)
- When a signed in user is selected in the Guide, the e-mail address associated with their account will now display under their profile, as well as on Home. This feature is enabled by default for adult accounts, and disabled for child accounts (child accounts will never see the e-mail address associated with their account displayed). Adult accounts can disable this feature by navigating to Settings > Account > Sign-in, security & passkey.
- You can now invite a friend to combine their game broadcast with yours! Sign in with an account that has an Xbox Live Gold subscription and invite a friend to your party. Once you’ve begun broadcasting your game from the Guide, you’ll be able to select “Invite party to co-stream” from the Party tab. Co-streaming is currently available only to Alpha Insiders, so we’d suggest using the Insider forums to sync up with other Alpha Insiders to test out this feature. Learn more about co-streaming and other features new to Mixer here, and be sure to complete the “Invite to Co-Stream” Quest and Survey in the Xbox Insiders Hub to provide your feedback!
- Signing into your Xbox account can now be done with a click of the Xbox button thanks to the new controller linking feature! You can now link an account to a specific controller by opening the Guide, navigating to Settings > Account > Sign-in, security & passkey and selecting the “This controller signs in…” option followed by “Link controller.” From there, test the feature out for yourself by signing out of your account and then turning your controller off and then back on. Find more detailed steps and provide your thoughts on this feature by accepting the “Link Your Controller” Quest in the Xbox Insiders Hub. Learn more about co-streaming and other features new to Mixer here, and be sure to complete the “Invite to Co-Stream” Quest and Survey in the Xbox Insiders Hub to provide your feedback!
- Fixed an issue which could cause distorted sounds and audio glitches when Windows Sonic is enabled.
- Fixed issues which could sometimes cause the Skype UWP to crash during use.
- Fixed an issue which sometimes caused the virtual keyboard to lose focus (preventing text from being entered).
- After dismissing the virtual keyboard, attempting to relaunch the virtual keyboard may fail.
- When switching games while broadcasting with Mixer, the stream freezes and doesn’t allow the user to close or restart the broadcast. Workaround: Restart the console.
Note that not all planned features for this update are available at this time. If you’re on the Xbox Preview Alpha ring, you can check for the latest Xbox One Insider build 15063.4043 (1706.170526-2218) by going to Settings -> System -> Updates.
Also, If your console is in Instant-On mode and you have been selected to receive the update, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.