DOOM Update 6.66 for PS4, Xbox One and PCs will be available soon. The new update will make all of the multiplayer DLC free to all players. Bethesda explained that the Doom Season Pass has been retired and all three DLC packs (Unto the Evil, Hell Followed, and Bloodfall) are now free:
First, we’ve retired the DOOM season pass and are making all of the multiplayer DLC content available to all players. That’s three multiplayer DLC packs, which include nine of our best maps, three additional guns, three additional playable demons, new equipment, armor sets and more. That’s on top of the modes and features, like bot support, that players have been enjoying since late last year.
All of the Multiplayer DLC Unlocked for All
DOOM Update 6.66 for PS4, Xbox One and PCs brings all of the multiplayer DLC content available to all players for free. That’s three multiplayer DLC packs, which include nine of our best maps, three additional guns, three additional playable demons, new equipment, armor sets and more.
A Completely Revised Multiplayer Progression System
With DOOM Update 6.66 for PS4, Xbox One and PCs, developers have changed when and how players unlock additional guns, demons, equipment and all of the player and weapon customization options. Instead of relying on the current random unlock system, everything now unlocks through specific leveling requirements and/or in-game challenges. Now, if there’s a specific helmet you want, you can work toward unlocking it by focusing your play style on the related challenge.
A New Runes System, Better Player Information, Revised User Interface
DOOM Update 6.66 for PS4, Xbox One and PCs also replaced the Hack Module System with an all-new Runes System. Much like the Runes system from the DOOM campaign, multiplayer Runes are now persistent player abilities earned and included in a player loadout. Unlike the previous Hack Modules, Runes do not need to be activated and do not expire. Runes are persistent capabilities (or perks) that become a consistent and predictable component of your loadout and play style.
The developers also overhauled most of the in-game HUD, including better callouts for challenges, awards, and scoring. The kill card has been completely revised to provide players a more clear and accurate account of their demise, including not just who killed them but also the players, weapon types, and damage that combined to kill them.
You can now try DOOM for free starting at 12:00 pm ET on Thursday, July 20, on Xbox One, 1pm ET on Thursday, July 20 on PC, and 12:00 pm ET on Thursday, July 27 on PlayStation 4. Plus, you’ll also have unlimited access to DOOM’s multiplayer and SnapMap modes for the duration of the weekend.
DOOM Update 6.66 Patch Notes:
- Fixed an issue where textures appeared to glow on the player’s character.
- Fixed an issue in Multiplayer where players would respawn frozen at the beginning of a Freeze Tag round.
- DOOM Update 6.66 fixed an issue in Multiplayer where parts of the player model appeared transparent in some circumstances.
- Fixed an issue where players would disconnect from a match under certain conditions.
- Fixed an issue in Infernal Run where picking up the ball when out of ammo would cause problems with passing or receiving the ball.
- Fixed an issue with the Multiplayer Challenge “Aimbot Hax” where Reaper Longshots would not count towards challenge completion.
- DOOM Update 6.66 fixed an issue in Multiplayer with inconsistent power item spawns on Outbreak.
- Added rotate on XYZ axis to the Grab Object manipulate controls
- Added setting to remove network limitation on single player only maps.
- Resolved various freeze and crash bugs.
- Fixed various matchmaking and lobby issues.
- DOOM Update 6.66 fixed visual bugs that result from combining specific HUD elements
- Fixed various freezes and crashes with using Campaign Model.
- Fixed coop crash with Bob and Rotate settings.
- Fixed bug that caused AI to run into blocking volumes set to Block Demons and AI Sight.
- DOOM Update 6.66 improved collision issues causing AI to partially fall into blocking volumes set to Block Demons.
Check your update and download DOOM Update 6.66 for PS4, Xbox One and PCs.