YouTube Go app is now available for download from the Play Store as early access. You can now download videos to your device or SD card for offline viewing. The app is designed primarily for developing countries with slower internet speeds and small storage capacities.
However, Youtube videos are available in only two resolutions “basic quality” (144p) and “standard quality” (360p). Currently, there’s no option to HD resolutions videos. You can also share offline videos via Bluetooth, though Google notes this will require access to the internet to perform a 15kb security check once the video is received.
Youtube Go Features:
Control Your Data
– Choose to download or stream
– Preview videos before you download or watch
– Choose how many MBs you spend on videos
Share Videos Instantly!
– Share with friends and family nearby
– Video transfer uses no data
– Super fast speed: send videos in seconds
– Once received, a quick 15KB internet security check allows you to play the video
– Download videos to your phone or SD card
– Play them without buffering
– Watch them anytime, anywhere – even with slow or no internet connection
– Watch downloaded videos many times with no extra data cost
Super Fast! Less Phone Hang!
– No more worrying about phone hanging
– Made to work with less storage and slow speeds
– Works on older Android versions back to Jellybean (Android 4.1)
It’s not available in the Play Store in all regions just yet. Download it from the link below.
[appbox googleplay com.google.android.apps.youtube.mango]