Astroneer patch 201 update is now available for download. The update comes with some new controls as well as makes adjustments to tethers and adds a new item.
In addition, the also fixed multiple issues include a rare crash, that according to engineers was “super weird, and something that should never occur,” involving the game trying to access non-existent Rover wheels. Read full changelog below.
Astroneer Patch 201 features:
Added the Alignment Augment
This new augment creates a flat plane that is perpendicular to the curve of the planet, unlike the existing Flatten mode, which flattens based on a selected voxel and mimics that angle. The Alignment augment will make a flat surface based on the planet’s center. When used vertically, it creates curved, column-like walls.
Changes to tether placement
Pressing the “place tether” button will now place a Tether post at the Astroneer’s feet. The post can be moved around after that point. This change affects both Mouse and Controller players.
Gamepad Control Changes
With Astroneer patch 201, when using the terrain tool, the camera now defaults to a fixed over-the-shoulder view, and holding LT unlocks the cursor and puts you in the old default mode. Clicking RS alters camera zoom distance as before, except that the closest zoom in this mode is very nearly first-person. When you have your terrain tool out, use right stick to aim the terrain reticle, and left stick to move your Astroneer. Now the right stick is universally the way to look, and the left stick will always allow you to move your Astroneer, whether deforming or just running around.
New sounds and updates to old sounds have been implemented
- [AS-856] – Winch now has audio.
- [AS-857] – Connecting two conduits together now has audio.
- [AS-1275] – Worklight now has audio
- [AS-1309] – Vehicle enter and exit animations now have sound effects.
- [AS-1507] – Beacon audio has been updated
Tether posts now physically simulate and fall to the ground when deforming terrain under them.
With Astroneer patch 201 update, no more floating tethers in the middle of the air, if you deform under them, tethers now respond to those changes and no longer act like possessed space ghosts.
Vehicle handling changes!
With Astroneer 201, steering is now more wheel-controlled and the Rovers have been made more stable overall. Players should see less flipping and spiralling when taking Rovers off sweet jumps. Vehicle physics are still a work in progress, and vehicles might still be a bit wonky on planets with lower gravity. This will be addressed in a future update.
- [AS-1474] – Astroneer patch 201 has fixed a rare crash, that according to engineers was “super weird, and something that should never occur,” involving the game trying to access non-existent Rover wheels.
- [AS-1482] – Fixed a crash that occurred while trying to change the resolution in cases where the settings .ini file had become corrupted.
- [AS-1517] – Fixed an edge case where the game would crash while unplugging the controller and holding any button.
- [AS-1552] – Astroneer 201 update has fixed a Multiplayer crash that would occur if a Client player joined a game while the Host was not on Terran.
- [AS-760] – Two different actions can no longer be assigned to the same key/button.
- [AS-1427] – Fixed an issue where audio values reset to 0 after changing them during active gameplay and then terminating the title.
- [AS-1444] – Astroneer patch 201 has fixed an issue on Xbox One where brightness setting temporarily persisted when backing out of the pause menu without selecting ‘Apply and Resume.’
- [AS-1514] – Steam client Options menu text adjusts more elegantly to changing window sizes or resolutions (except for very small resolutions or unusual window shapes).
- Changes to Options menu now persist between sessions on Xbox One.
- [AS-1475] – Fixed an issue in Multiplayer games, where Smelter audio loop continued playing for the Client player.
- [AS-1524] – Fixed an issue where the Heartbeat audio loop continuously played after returning to the main menu.
- [AS-1447] – Astroneer patch 201 has fixed an issue on Xbox One where players would respawn partially underground after dying by falling
- [AS-1527] – Reintroduced the plumbline to Beacons
- [AS-1528] – Fixed an issue where items would go on a beautiful journey into space if not collected from a dead Astroneer before a second death occurs.
- [AS-1533] – Astroneer patch 201 has fixed a major issue where saves were disappearing on Xbox/Win10
- Fixed a bug that was causing Rovers to fall through the world when loading into a saved game.
- Astroneers should no longer get stuck inside base modules as they are being built.
- Fixed a bug where Tethers were not auto-highlighting for selection when playing with a controller.
Check your game update and download latest Astroneer patch 201.