The Riftbreaker update is now available to download on PC, Ps4, PS5, and Xbox one. According to the official The Riftbreaker patch notes, the latest update addresses some bugs and crashes.
Previously, a major update added new changes, fixes, and gameplay improvements.
Unfortunately, players are still experiencing several issues since the release. Today’s The Riftbreaker version will fix a few of these issues.
Check out more details below.
The Riftbreaker Patch Notes – October 5, 2022
- Added support for Intel XeSS. XeSS (Xe Super Sampling) enables you to enjoy gaming with great visuals thanks to AI-enhanced upscaling, enabling more performance with high image fidelity. Powered by hardware acceleration and an AI-based algorithm, Intel XeSS delivers high image quality and more FPS even in the most demanding conditions. XeSS is optimized for Intel graphics hardware, but it is designed with all gamers in mind, unlocked to work on widely available hardware from all GPU vendors.
- We have implemented a new, intuitive navigation system for the building menu. You can now use keyboard shortcuts to turn pages within building categories – Q and E by default. When there is no page to turn, the system switches to the next category.
- Added a new cheat command: cheat_unlimited_ammo. Use it instead of cheat_unlimited_money if you want to keep your economy intact, but have the urge to shoot stuff. Infinitely.
- Speaking of cheats – cheat_unlimited_money now works in the Crafting Screen.
- Bioanomaly drop names are now color-coded to reflect the rarity of the item that you found.
- Regular walls can now be replaced with Energy Walls and vice versa. Thanks to this, you no longer need to sell your old walls to upgrade.
- Buildings that do not consume resources (Solid Material Storage, for example) can no longer be switched off.
- Support for AMD FidelityFX Variable Rate Shading and Contrast-Adaptive Sharpening has been dropped. With the introduction of new rendering technologies, such as AMD FSR and Intel XeSS, the performance gain provided by these two options was marginal. Moreover, enabling those options could cause potential problems with FSR and XeSS.
- Fixed an error that caused the mod list in the inventory to appear empty.
- The minimap will no longer break after changing the graphics settings.
- All buildings should now properly display the ‘disabled’ icon after manually turning them off.
- Minor fixes for rendering the terrain around liquid pools.
- Fixed a visual glitch that caused pipelines to connect to buildings on all sides instead of just the input/output port.
- All resource icons should now be displayed properly on the Rift Station building.
- A lot of small optimizations and additional fixes for obscure crashes.