Empyrion – Galactic Survival update 1.11 is now rolling out on PC (Steam), PS4, PS5, and Xbox one. According to the official Empyrion – Galactic Survival patch notes, the latest update 1.11 added quality of life improvements and gameplay optimizations.
Since the last patch, players are facing a number of problems with the game. Today’s Empyrion – Galactic Survival patch 1.11 will fix a few of these issues.
Check out more details below.
Empyrion – Galactic Survival Patch 1.11 Notes – May 3, 2023
1.9.10 Closing the Circle
We are closing the 1.9 goals, improving our content tools and fixing the UX.
UX and early stages
We aim to improve Empyrion’s first user experience and the overall understanding of it.
- New tutorial implementation
- UI improvements focused on user experience
We want to provide our content creators and designers with more possibilities and tools.
- Development of requests of our content creators provides more possibilities for the missions, PDA, and game design to achieve better and new experiences for players.
- Server owners and our internal developers will be able to provide new and better experiences.
Action Gameplay improvements implementation
We want to improve even more the action gameplay, as a finishing step from v1.9
- Animations implementation: Female and male versions. The quantity and quality of the animations will be improved as well as the interactions.
- Status effects: We will have a new screen immersive feedback for status effects, such as having your screen frozen if you are cold and similar interactions with venom, heat, damage…
- NPC & AI interactions: We detected a big hype in the community around AI fighting and helping each other and we want to take further steps in this direction to have a live universe that interacts with you and between them.
1.10 Expand the limits
During the last releases, we were focused on solving pain points and fixing early-stage problems. It’s time to bring a better experience for the later stages of the game.
We want to provide our survivalists with new content to play with:
- Working on the mission chapters to conclude the pre-final iteration of the main story arc
- 300+ new POI: The missing dynamic and static factions prepared will be finally integrated with their own homeworlds, fleets and POI.
- New creatures: To bring more diversity to the game we will add new NPCs.
- The game world changes and additional content will be added to our galaxy.
We aim to add fresh starter experiences
- New Game starts: To make the start of the game on three of the four starter moons more varied, the normal Escape Pod drop is planned to be replaced by more exciting starting conditions for Masperon, Ningues and Skillon.
- All game starter moons in the Ellyon system, as well as the game start in the Ashon system, are planned to get additional, optional mini-story missions limited to the game start sector.
General updates and leftovers
- In a continued effort, planets with old deco will be updated and adjusted.
- The stars of our galaxy will be updated in order to improve galaxy immersion.
New AI vs AI features:
- A new block that generates drones to defend your base and vessels
- Adjustments and improvements of the AI VS AI
The building is important in our community and through it, you bring new experiences to all players. We want to add the most requested blocks to the game.
- New deco Block shapes implementation
- Water/Lava Blocks logic
Faction Permission for multiplayer
A system that allows creators to edit permissions depending on the faction
Pain points, polishment and fixing
As developers, we are always valuing your feedback and we will fix and improve what we can with your insights.
Bug fixing & Polish
We will work through the reports we have been sent & work with what can be reproduced in debugging.
- Motorbike update -> The current bike leads to many bad experiences and we will solve it by having a new vehicle that also better fits the game, the Hoverbike.
We know that it’s important to have a smooth game, as well as to be able to play the game with friends that have lower-end devices.
- Allow the customisation of visuals and others so you can improve performance by lowering the graphics.
- Memory usage analysis to improve servers performance
- Finish the integration of the sound system fixing the most important issues.
- Improvement of the dynamic sound system: Combat sound system.
- For more creative ways to set up playfields, we will add a way to Deny the player opening the BP Factory (F2)
- In addition, we will add the requirement to have all devices actually unlocked from the tech tree before allowing to produce a blueprint in the BP Factory (currently only the player level is required)
- PDA: several actions will be enhanced to also check for their relation to a particular faction
- Tesselation, dynamic shadows, lightning: An improved immersive experience with more visual values to tweak for our players.
- New devices: Visual redesign of our oldest device models.
1.11 NEW SCENARIO
Working title “THE DARK FACTION”