Rainbow Six Siege update 2.2.1 for PS4 and Xbox One is coming soon. The update comes with new 1-Step Matchmaking and Interactive Matchmaking. This new 1-Step Matchmaking will bring more stability and faster matchmaking results. This will also bring better performance and faster queue times.
The new update also brings bring fixes and other improvements to the game. Players are able to melee others through Mira’s One Way Mirror. The update include a fix for audio where it does not always trigger properly from Impact grenades. Check out more details below.
1-Step Matchmaking and Interactive Matchmaking
- 1-Step Matchmaking is a streamlined updated which means more stability, and faster matchmaking results. This is one giant step towards better performance and faster queue times.
- Interactive Matchmaking allows you the freedom to purchase items from the shop, unlock new operators, and change your loadouts without leaving matchmaking.
- The developers also introducing a post-match opt-in and opt-out flow so you or your party can choose to re-enter matchmaking to find a new game, return to the main menu, or continue to queue with the current players.
- Rainbow Six Siege update 2.2.1 for PS4 and Xbox One will bring redesign of the hitboxes for all operators. The new design will make it so the hitbox only includes what you would think of as the human body. This means that baggy clothing, pouches, headgear, bags, accessories, etc. will not be included in the hitbox of all Operators. This change will impact present and future operators, and will allow for a full artistic freedom on character models and customization without a heavy impact on gameplay balancing.
New Post-Match and Pre-Match Squad Flow
- Once a match has completed, players will be presented with new menu options that allow you to choose when to re-enter the matchmaking flow from the After Action Report (AAR) screen. This also works if you’re in a party. The squad leader can choose when the squad enters matchmaking, re-enters the matchmaking flow from the AAR screen, propose a rematch to the other team, or return to the main menu. From a squad member’s perspective, they will have the option to leave the squad and matchmaking loop.
Keep Playing as Team Option
- With Rainbow Six Siege update 2.2.1 for PS4 and Xbox One, you will not be immediately re-queued for a match, as the default option will send you back to the main menu screen. At the end of matches, you will have to opt-in to re-queue in matchmaking. However, there will be an option to keep playing with the same team if you just had a really good match.
- Fixed – Players are able to melee others through Mira’s One Way Mirror.
- Fixed – Audio from Impact grenades does not always trigger properly.
- Fixed – Players receiving Timeout error 6-0x00001000 when first connect to server on creating squad.
- Fixed – Nitro Cell does not deal damage if placed on the vans of Consulate.
- Fixed – Players will sometimes not see a prompt for “To Enter” when rappelling.
- Fixed – Defenders are registered as outside on the Master Bedroom door frame on House.
- Fixed – EDD cannot be deployed in certain locations.
- Fixed – EDD is difficult to deploy on doorframes when an object is nearby.
- Fixed – The prompt to deploy the EDD is only available in a small angle on certain windows.
- Fixed – EDD is hidden when placed at the bottom of the Geisha room doorway.
- Fixed – Caveira will sometimes use a placeholder audio bark when throwing an Impact grenade.
- Fixed – Friendly gadgets are detected when using the RED MK III “Spectre”.
- Fixed – AI pathing on Club House.
- Fixed – AI pathing on Chalet.
- Fixed – Geisha room floor is unbreakable.
- Fixed – The floor surrounding the trapdoor in Geisha room cannot be destroyed properly.
- Fixed – Defuser cannot be placed on multiple locations due to objects.
- Fixed – Black Eye cameras are able to float in mid-air in the Wine Cellar once all bottles are broken.
- Fixed – Stairs in 1F Toilet do not have bullet collision, and damage can be dealt through them.
- Fixed – Attackers can reach an inaccessible location while being pushed in rappel, causing players to fall out of bounds.
- Fixed – Carpets on the second floor are unbreakable.
- Fixed – Kapkan’s EDD clips through the lamp on the right side of the window in 2F Geisha Room.
- Fixed – Ramps at the top of stairs flicker, and present a graphical glitch.
- Fixed – Glowstick prevents a Defuser plant in 2F Armory Locker Room.
- Fixed – Gadgets cannot be placed on wall in 1F Customs Inspections room.
- Fixed – Defuser cannot be placed on the metal steps in the Server Room.
- Fixed – Players are able to climb onto the handrail in the stairs of Main Hallway, and then vault into the scaffolding.
- Fixed – There is a gap between the walls located in 2F Security Room, allowing players to fire on 1F VIP Section.
- Fixed – Tree and flower pots do not have collision at 1F Main Entrance, and allow players to shoot through walls to the Snowmobile Garage corridor.
- Fixed – Operators do not take damage from Nitro Cells or grenades when rappelling from 2F Bedroom Terrance.
- Fixed – Players are able to shoot through the floor in Master Bedroom and kill enemies outside.
- Fixed – Defenders are able to spawn kill Attackers spawning at Campfire.
- Fixed – A small flag prevents the placement of the Defuser in Executive Office.
- Fixed – Players are able to vault through the top of the plane using a deployable shield.
- Fixed – Drones are able to break collision with the partially destroyed ceiling near the entrance of 2F Front Hallway.
- Fixed – When player 1 is running and crouching on a prone player 2 at the same place, player 1 will have an advantage.
- Rainbow Six Siege update 2.2.1 for PS4 and Xbox One fixed – Broom prevents Defuser placement in Church.
- Fixed – Defuser cannot be placed on dumbbells in 2F Gym.
- Fixed – Players do not receive damage from a Nitro Cell if it is thrown against the brick wall near the jukebox.
- Fixed – The vault option does not appear on the bar counter in the Strip Club.
- Fixed – Players are able to shoot through the metal frame of the barred windows in 1F Garage.
- Fixed – Location indicator is missing in the room with the destructible wall that is next to 2F Secret Stash.
- Fixed – Defuser cannot be planted in multiple locations.
- Fixed – Some gadgets cannot be placed near the trapdoor found in Model Hall.
- Rainbow Six Siege update 2.2.1 for PS4 and Xbox One fixed – Floor above the furnace can be destroyed from above and players are then able to place gadgets and cameras within the Furnace. These gadgets and cameras cannot be seen from the outside.
- Fixed – University nameplates can be shot through, but not destroyed.
- Fixed – Players are able to shoot through the ceiling of the Service Room.
- Fixed – Defenders can be detected if crouched near a partially destroyed wall in 2F Model Hall.
- Fixed – Players are able to shoot from EXT Patio towards Laundry Room, through non-LOS objects.
- Fixed – Valkyrie is able to place her cameras between walls, and see through them.
- Rainbow Six Siege update 2.2.1 for PS4 and Xbox One fixed – Defenders are able to have line of sight on the Attacker Spawn point from CC3F Control Room Window.
- Fixed – Defenders have a direct line of sight into the Side Entrance spawn point by jumping outside from Visa Office.
- Fixed – Players are able to vault over a deployable shield onto the metal pipes found under Service Stairs.
- Fixed – Attackers are able to vault from the exterior canopy inside the 2F Penthouse room.
- Rainbow Six Siege update 2.2.1 for PS4 and Xbox One fixed – Invisible collision is present around the flowers of 2F Hallway.
- Fixed – Defenders are able to shoot through the guitar supports located in 2F Hall of Fame and kill Attackers.
- Fixed – Players are able to shoot through the lower half dividers in 1F Dining Room.
- Fixed – Vaulting through the window from 2F Office that is partially destroyed will result in the Operator remaining stuck.
- Fixed – Players will not receive any damage from a detonated Nitro Cell if they are on the bed in 2F Small Dorms.
- Fixed – There is a seam gap on the ceiling of Tower Stairs.
- Fixed – Players are able to fire through a gap between the walls of 1F Office.
- Fixed – Players are able to break collision with the freezer in 1F Pantry.
- Fixed – A wall reinforcement in the Supply Room does not fully cover the wall.
- Fixed – Players are able to reach an inaccessible area in the Boiler Room.
- Fixed – Metal decals appear even though bullets do not penetrate through the big dresser in 2F Kids’ Room.
- Rainbow Six Siege update 2.2.1 for PS4 and Xbox One fixed – Drones are able to clip through the ceiling of Bank Garage.
- Fixed – Walking over the box in 1F Archives will interrupt the Secure Area process.
- Fixed – Drone can be placed on top of pipes in Garage to see through all floors.
- Rainbow Six Siege update 2.2.1 for PS4 and Xbox One fixed – Jackal’s default and Photon uniforms are different from their thumbnails.
The developers also confirmed that the next Rainbow Six Siege update 2.2.2, will be focused on issues with Hibana, Smoke grenade replication, aiming consistency, Alpha Pack Deployment, and other long-persisting issues. However, the changes and gameplay fixes will be arriving in Season 3.